Klipsch Cornwall II speakers

Betty

005.jpg I have a question for those of you who know Klipsch speakers. My husband died a couple of years ago and I have a pair of Klipsch Cornwall II 1985 speakers that are in pretty good condition. Can anyone give me any information as to what they may be worth as I plan to sell them. Thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the forum.

Ebay seems to set the market price on speakers, which goes up and down some.

The last few weeks Cornwalls on Ebay have gone from $400 to $800 (depending on condition). One pair went for over $1200, which is an exceptionally rare sale, I think.

Shipping is a pain. It is difficult to get them properly packed to stand up the the UPS and FedEx gorillas. Shipping is also fairly expensive, so lots of Cornwall sales go for local pickup. Actually, folks who are Klipsch fans will drive surprising distances to pick up a pair of Heritage speakers.

There is a garage sale section on this forum, as well. If you'd like to post your speakers for sale there, you are welcome to do that. It can be a more user friendly place than Ebay.

I'm sure others will offer their sense of the market value of these speakers.

If it is convenient to take and post pics, that can be a helpful point in evaluation.

Best wishes for a good result in your sale.

That posted well.

Under the options tab you click on add/update. Then browse to your pic (only one at a time unless hosted somewhere else). Save (you might have to scroll to the right to see the save button. You do with Firefox, not sure about IE or Safari).

Pics of the grain, corners...

As already mentioned, sorry to hear about your loss.

Bruce

ps The backs don't come off of the II series.

Betty, do yourself a favor and take a picture of the label on the back of the speaker, this will include the serial numbers and type of finish. Note if the numbers on the backs are sequential, i.e. a matched pair. If possible, photos showing the grain and condition of the veneer would go a long way in helping establish a fair market value for your Cornwall II's. You will get an accurate reading from the good folks here on the forum as to the current value of the speakers. Of course, they are only worth what someone else is willing to pay you for them. At least you will have a worthwhile starting point, good luck.

Hi, the grills are in good condition. We travelled a lot with the military until my husband retired. He always packed these speakers himself in the original boxes. When he retired he finally threw the boxes away. No labels on the backs, sorry, I can see that there use to be some but I haven't a clue as to what happened to them. The location of the speaker is.....you guys will love this.....Florida! lol...sorry, I've been reading on here that a lot of speakers are in Florida. I am just north of Tampa. The tops of both speakers do have some marring, one especially has some fading of the wood. My battery pack on my camera died so as soon as it charges I will take pics of both tops and of the other grill. Thanks for all your input. I am definitely selling these speakers.

Or..., you could keep them, and become a regular member here on the forum, talking about speakers, equipment, music, etc. You don't have anything better to do, do you??[;)]

Best of luck w/ the sale, and my sympathies regarding your husband.

Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear that your husband passed away. It's unfortunate that you are going to sell them. If a Forum member purchases them, I'm sure one of the Florida "gang" would be able to help you out, pick them up and assist in transport elsewhere. Good luck, please keep posting and let us know how the sale comes out for you.