OT: What is this weapon?

Daddy Dee

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance, it looked like a belt-fed potato gun.

The gunner appears to be enjoying himself, so I'm guessing he's firing at practice targets.

A repeating grenade launcher sounds like something that could really do a lot of damage. I wonder what its range is?

At first glance, it looked like a belt-fed potato gun.

The gunner appears to be enjoying himself, so I'm guessing he's firing at practice targets.

A repeating grenade launcher sounds like something that could really do a lot of damage. I wonder what its range is?

I believe blue rounds are for training, yellow are live fire rounds.

Mechanized Infantry , meaning I rode around in one of those death trap armored personnel carriers with a TOW missile launcher .

I once saw one of those cable-remote-controlled TOW missiles demonstrated at an Army open house day. The target was a white-painted tank about a half-mile away. It looked like fun.

Mechanized Infantry , meaning I rode around in one of those death trap armored personnel carriers with a TOW missile launcher .

I once saw one of those cable-remote-controlled TOW missiles demonstrated at an Army open house day. The target was a white-painted tank about a half-mile away. It looked like fun.

Those things really scream when they launch !

Mechanized Infantry , meaning I rode around in one of those death trap armored personnel carriers with a TOW missile launcher . Only had one experience with the grenade launcher but it was fun .

Field Artillery here myself (six years in the Army).

I've never got to fire one of those automatic grenade launchers [:(] I've only got to fire the M203, but those are fun as well. The AT-4 rocket launchers were also fun as hell (but boy, you do have to watch that back-blast and make sure the area behind you is clear before you let that baby off!).

50-cal is bad-***, though. Also sent many a round downrange via the trusty 'ol M-60 machine gun as well.

But then, of course, nothing like six M109s going off at once sending those 155MM rounds down range! Also, ever seen one of those MLRS's going off! Holy $#!+! Friggan loud as hell as well!