Blowing me away!

gyrene

Both the KG4's and this forum.

I actually go to bed and can't wait to get up in the moring to listen to my KG4's.

Of course I'm a newcomer to Klipsch.I knew the name but just never got it.Well now in addition to the KG4's there is a set of Heresy 1's coming my way.

The information I read on this board is great.But!!! what is everyone talking about with the arithmetic of sound and I guess acoustics when they talk of how far the speakers are away and the height and angle and such? I kind of realize that sound is a wave and objects get in the way of that wave but I'd like to read about some of this background info.Reflections and traps, the sweet spot etc.

I looked inside my KG4's and the crossover looks brand new to me! My heart was racing! I can hear the singer breathing! I can hear his fingers on the guitar strings! These are cd's being played on a Sansui 9090 and the volume does not go above 9 o'clock.

I read online about Paul Klipsch.A very cool dude,I think.

gyrene,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you've heard the difference in sound from Klipsch. PWK was clearly an exceptional individual and this forum lives on due to his contributions.

There is also the "Architectural" section for more on acoustics, etc. Make that you use the "more options" button when you get to the forum-level listing to show all threads instead of just the threads newer than 2 months old.

Chris

Both the KG4's and this forum.

I actually go to bed and can't wait to get up in the moring to listen to my KG4's.

Of course I'm a newcomer to Klipsch.I knew the name but just never got it.Well now in addition to the KG4's there is a set of Heresy 1's coming my way.

The information I read on this board is great.But!!! what is everyone talking about with the arithmetic of sound and I guess acoustics when they talk of how far the speakers are away and the height and angle and such? I kind of realize that sound is a wave and objects get in the way of that wave but I'd like to read about some of this background info.Reflections and traps, the sweet spot etc.

I looked inside my KG4's and the crossover looks brand new to me! My heart was racing! I can hear the singer breathing! I can hear his fingers on the guitar strings! These are cd's being played on a Sansui 9090 and the volume does not go above 9 o'clock.

I read online about Paul Klipsch.A very cool dude,I think.

dude!

1. Welcome Gyrene!!

2. Did PWK design the KG series? I thought it ironic to have these wonderful comments yet perhaps Gyrene has yet to hear something designed by PWK himself. (??)

3. Gyrene, you've now been infected. It only gets worse (better) as you go bigger. The real question is now that you've been infected, how long will it take for you to start lusting after some La Scalas or Khorns.... 1 month, 1 year or 15 minutes [:o] [;)] [Y]

Alright people.Listen up to me now! I'm the new guy here and I'm not really sure what I can get away with as far as language goes.

So I'll just say HOLY CRAP!!! I posted a thread a few days ago when I first got these KG4's home saying that one side sounded "weak".

So about half an hour ago I went over to the speaker to take a photo of the crossover and put it up online for you all to oggle like I did when I first saw it.Nice and clean looking.Just a truly beautiful thing.So I take the screwdriver to the top squawker and remove it.Well...what did I find!??? One wire was not attached to that squawker!!!HOLY CRAP BATMAN...that means ONE SIDE WAS WEAK ALRIGHT!!!

So...I hooked it the hell up and whipped out my Buddy Guy album."Damn Right I Got the Blues".

HOLY FREAKING MAKERAL!!! Imagine my suprise when the KG4's came to life in full dress?!!! DAMN,Paul!!! You done it now man!

Goosebumps does not describe how the largest organ in my body reacted! HOLY CRAP! did I say that already? Damn Buddy.Can't wipe that smile off my face! KNOW WHAT I MEAN?!

Imagine that? I thought they were good when I had that wire disco'd! WoWzER! C'mon man! Smile with me now!

Then I hit the "Five Long Years" track and then "Black Night" then swithced to his other album "Feels Like Rain" and went straight to "She's Nineteen Years Old" C'mon man....pHewwwwww!

I'm feeling the power of love again!

Gyrene,

Welcome to the forum. You are definitely infected. Their is no vaccine as of the present time(will never be). As far as language/improper references go, the honorable Amy Unger(Nazi Forum Administrator) will ban you in a flash. LOL. Just joking, please keep things clean. She will kindly warn you first.

Look for a vintage Marantz receiver on the used market to power your KG4's. A match made in heaven. Try a little Stevie Ray through those KG4's.

Bill

• Moderators

Welcome Gyrene, sounds like your having fun, glad to hear it. [Y]

To the rest of the forum, please wait a while before you get Gyrene to listen to any of the top of the line, he may have heart failure, let him have a little fun at a time, before we ruin him ! [;)]