This story sounds fishy

dtel

Distracted by a pelican and runs off the road in a 1 Million dollar car, I think I would have hit the Pelican !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti

dtel,

Over a million dollars for a used 2006, new is $2 million. The Veyron will do 254 mph, has a four turbo 16 cylinder that makes a little over 1000 Hp. The car will run out of fuel in 16 minutes at top speed. Only 200 made so far, and only 15 in the U.S.A..

My guess is he got hit in a bad way by the market crash, and needed to liquify some assets. He let the engine burble for 15 minutes in two feet of salt water before it died. Cell phone under the seat on a 2 million dollar car with hands free phone is major fishy as well.

Roger

It's insurance fraud, and depending on the insurance he carries, just fixing it may not be an option. I am sure the insurance company will be very interested in the following videos as I don't see a pelican anywhere in sight!!

look what I found and i dont see any Pelicans!!!

November 13 2009 at 6:45 PM1200901483.JPG

Harry H (Login sixty9cobra)

Members

Go Fish! ww

Roger

• Moderators

That's one of the bad things about driving a Veyron: people always take notice of them. You can't drive anywhere anonymously.

Just one more problem I will never have in this lifetime at even at 90% off !

That's one of the bad things about driving a Veyron: people always take notice of them. You can't drive anywhere anonymously.

Islander,

Friends of my mom and dads had a Lamborghini Miura with a custom paint job. Guy who bought it from them lived only one county away and he got tired of everyone saying, "Hey their goes Penries car". He couldn't go anywhere without the car being recognized. The idiot took it to an idiot body shop, and they used power DAs etc on it. Thin aluminum sheet metal does not take kindly to heat. The car waved hello, how are you, and good bye as it went past after it was painted because the aluminum was so warped afterwards.

Roger

Here is Part of the Quote from the News Article..............(I knew this Idiot was on the Phone ! )[:@]

A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his
veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh
near Galveston.

Million Dollar Car, and it does not include a Hands Free device for his Cell Phone...........!

Every day.... and I mean EVERY day.... I find people that drive off the road for no reason at all.... there simply is NO excuse. I have heard all of their feeble excuses, and all I have to do is take a look at the marks. I know when someone is B.S'ing, it doesn't take a rocket scientist for recreating what happened.

Distraction kills. Whether it is someone reaching for their cell phone, orange juice, dropped candies, searching for a song on their I-pod, applying makeup, changing behind the wheel... I have seen it all.

This was yesterday's catch, I had to winch it a total of around 850 feet, by some saving grace, they didn't end upside down in the drink while flipping over the concrete box culvert.

post-9504-13819512851758_thumb.jpg

A view from the other side.... I had two extra 75 foot rolls of cable as well as the 156 feet of wire on the winch plus chain to reach this vehicle. The closest I could get where I could winch from was over 150 feet away, as I had to winch it through some trees along the bank to where the guardrails and posts ended.

post-9504-13819512852348_thumb.jpg