stereo

Linda Guidry

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like everything is in great shape. To move the speakers, take off the grills which should be tan cloth (same as the top front). When I moved mine I put a thick moving blanket over the front and used a hand truck to move them. When we got them to the truck we lifted them and placed them standing up. We secured them so they wouldn't move. One of the other guys suggested taking off the top - That's an option that may or may not make it easier. It wasn't easier for us.

I would assume that if you have the original boxes for the Mac gear the units should be fine in your vehicle as long as you're resonably careful. Heck, they probably got thrown around getting to wherever they were originally bought a lot more than you're going to do. Original packaging is pretty much ideal.

Not sure if you guys still have questions. If so fire away.

Where in Florida will you be loading them up? There are quite a few of us here on the forum who live all across Florida. I can't speak for the others but if you're talking fairly close I'll volunteer a Saturday or Sunday to help you get everything taken apart and packed properly for the trip.

Jeff

Here's a picture of the system. I don't have any closer pictures, but this gives you an idea. This was the setup in my grandparents' home. (Linda is my mom- hi mom!)

n17500074_30333691_7794.jpg

First, sorry for your loss.

This thread almost seemed like a bait about the equipent and comparison to Bose. Yea, we have K Honrs and a bunch of black equipment with big blue meters on the front, do you think that it is better than he Bose systems? LOL

But the photo tells all. In your new place, you will need to get this stuff set up better (speakers wider apart to point to the listening position). And get that Mac equipment out of that cabinet so it can cool properly.

Very nice, set it up and enjoy it as that is definately what your father would have wanted. You will receive a ton of support around here.

hahaha well, you make it sound pretty funny and I am glad this forum is so friendly as I will most likely need advise after getting it here. I am concerned about how it will fit in the house for sure. I will not have the black cabinet so the Mac things will be out of there. One of them is very very heavy. I do like the idea of speakers off the floor so it is easier to clean around. Most people I know have smaller combined systems. I also wanted to eventually have speakers on the back patio. I thought the Bose was a good stereo, and I am going to learn the differences in the smaller speakers/system or whatever you want to call it and the few components I'll have here to play with and enjoy. It will all take a little time.

I wonder if I can keep the smaller system hooked up now, and somehow add the macs and khorns ? Even if they have to be used seperately? Ill want to try the macs and khorns with the tv and a blueray player. I also have a DVD burner that transfers VHS to DVD I like to use.I will be bringing back a CD player as well as a VHS player. My DVD burner will play VHS and DVDs. The Blueray player will do music as well as Video, but maybe the seperate CD player my father has hooked up to the system will be a better sounding one for music through the speakers and amps? I just dont know.

thanks,

Linda

Linda sorry to hear about your loss.

Your father has left you the basis for a stereo that will last a lifetime and that you can pass on to your daughter. As far as how it compares to newer equippment? The McIntosh and Klipsch gear is probably in the opinion of many better than most anything else on the market today. So it compares to newer equipment very very well.

I thought the Bose was a good stereo, and I
am going to learn the differences in the smaller speakers/system or
whatever you want to call it and the few components I'll have here to
play with and enjoy. It will all take a little time.

The (rhymes with hose) can sound pretty good to most people. However, after listening to Klipschorns driven by McIntosh most (rhymes with hose) systems, especially the little cubes, will sound like the music is being played through a hose compared to the Klipschorns. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

The people here are very helpful and wonderful folks. When long time forum members offer to help they mean it and you probably can't find better help or people than you'll find here.

Good luck and keep us posted.

[8][8][H][8][8]

but maybe the seperate CD player my father has hooked up to the system will be a better sounding one for music through the speakers and amps? I just dont know.

thanks,

Linda

Oh boy - what kind of CD player did he have hooked up? My guess is that what he had was very good.

He didn't happen to have a "record player" hooked up too did he?

If so, make sure you get it.

Sorry for the loss, but I'm sure you will get a very special feeling when you are listening to your favorite tunes through this excellent equipment. When you get everything moved and set up you will find all the help you need from this group if you want to incorporate this equipment with a full HT set up. It will be very easy to add the necessary equipment, but when you have the chance to really enjoy what you've been given, you probably won't be satisfied with cheap HT gear. WELCOME![:D]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We will be packing up and heading out this thursday with a motorcycle trailer in tow to carry the system back. When it is home, Ill take pictures and we can get it set up!

Thanks!

Linda

P.S is the Klipsch fellow a dentist in Broussard? If he is, my husband knows him.

Linda and Allison,

The Dentists name is Kevin Harmon. Kevin has a partner named Tim. They have two offices and a female Dentist that works for them.

Kevin was born and raised in Layfeyette. Kevins dad & mom (Ernest & Sonya Harmon) still live in Layfeyette, and Kevin is the oldest of 4 boys (Kevin, Damon, Shawn, & Brandon Harmon) and 2 girls that all live in Layfeyette except for Damon.

Kevin is the nicest guy you will ever meet. I know if you have any questions on how to transport, place, or hook up your system that Kevin would be very willing to help. Kevin has a more complete private collection of big Klipsch speakers then probably anyone else here on the forum. Kevin has 4 of those same model your father has, plus four more pairs of different models of Klipsch speakers, all of which are bigger then the two you have, plus several more pairs of Klipsch Speakers smaller then yours.

Kevins liscense plate on his old Ford truck is "KLIPSCH"

You should make contact with Kevin if you need any help on hook-up of your dads system.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...