Jub owners with passive crossovers ?

Cornman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be curious to hear a forum-typical tube rig (like JM pre/VRDs) on a set of Jubs with passives. If I ever get the chance I will most certainly take it.

Same holds true of Greg's upgrades. Actually, that intrigues me MORE, but that's off topic[;)]

My gut reaction to all those parts is OMG (being one who likes the immediacy of the simple, old school designs with high end caps), but I wouldn't say "no" until I heard them. This IS all a curiosity, if for no other reason than all the talk and migration to Jubs.

What is the simplest passive network for Jubilees?

Craig,

Those are mine. You know full well these are not "Required"Devil, still stirring that pot huh.

I built them because I couldBig Smile I just wanted to build the best crossover possible and also wanted it to be a work of art. Did I succeed?

The fabulous Jubilee deserves no less!

I assume you still belong to the to the "no heard coalition"

rigma

Actually I've heard Jub's in there intended enviorment.... a movie theater Wink

Oh I almost forgot I once parked about a mile from Coytee house while he was mowing the lawn.. They sounded great LOL!!

Nope, that don't count.. You are still a "no heard" that knows not what he speaks.[:#]

rigma

Cool looking room, I love the musicians on top of the TV. Cool

Thanks, dtel, we love them too. We found them on Ebay a couple of years ago. They are pretty old, but not much else is known about them, no markings on them. They came from the NYC area.

• Moderators

Cool looking room, I love the musicians on top of the TV. Cool

Thanks, dtel, we love them too. We found them on Ebay a couple of years ago. They are pretty old, but not much else is known about them, no markings on them. They came from the NYC area.

There is just something cool looking about them, you rarely see musicians replicated in real life positions especially with that kind of quality. There were probably not many made, and would have to be hand made, very nice, and fits perfectly in that room.

Say....does anyone havde the schematic that ALK offers as a "universal" for a jube three way w/o EQ?

Nice room Rigma.

Does anyone have a photo of the original or version 2 of Roy's passive for the two way, K402/K69 setup. I think that should be presented here....

I know Dean had a pair at one time and then maybe someone else???

jc

Rudy,

Sorry I missed one of your questions. My Jube Clone build is the same as Marion(Rigma) as far as the bass bins are concerned. I am doing a very nice looking top very similar to a photoshop in a thread from some time ago. Cannot remember who posted the pics but they were almost identical to what I had already planned so I went with it. Should ultimately look very nice.

The pictures of the Khorns that Greg veneered in figured Koa convinced me that these had to be done in figured Koa as well. I will start a thread pretty soon documenting the build. I started a thread a couple of years ago(that's how long ago I started these), but they need a new one I think.

JJ. I can't wait to see those photos. You do nice work.

So have you been able to listen to them yet or is everything still idle until you "finish" everything.

jc

Thanks for the compliment JWC. If they turn out as I hope, they should be very, very nice.

I still have work to do on the bass bins and have only measured and drawn out the tops. I will not give anything a go until completed.

Got that one.....he scratched that one up for me.....

BTW...that is and ESN 600Hz for the Jube version 2. Whatever55 has that one.

and one more thing.......

You have the ESN 600Hz version 1 [;)]

jc