Sitting down to my first Mountain Dew in over a year

wuzzzer

Over 3 years ago I decided to stop drinking soda pop cold turkey. I treat myself with one every year on December 31st. Yesterday after work I was so wiped out/stressed out that I wasn't in the mood. Today on the way home from work I stopped at a gas station and picked up a 1 liter of Mountain Dew. Oh yeah - the first sip was soooooooooooooo good.

I did the same thing many years ago due to trouble sleeping at night. I had a big Dr.Pepper addiction. On a road trip I picked up a Dr.Pepper for the pep to keep me up on the drive. It was to my surprise that I didn't like the Dr.Pepper anymore. The taste was to sweet and gross very strange how tastes can change over time.

I used to drink about a 6-pack of dew every day until about 7 years ago when a Dr. visit showed my triglyceride count was 840 (should be under 150). I now have one on the occasional long drive when I need to stay awake and man does it taste good! I miss it.

I used to drink about a 6-pack of dew every day until about 7 years ago when a Dr. visit showed my triglyceride count was 840 (should be under 150). I now have one on the occasional long drive when I need to stay awake and man does it taste good! I miss it.

Are you the garymd that has a thread on this forum named after him? worked with this guy that only drank mountain dew code red--and a lot of it. all day and all night. one day at the office, he collapsed. diabetes--he lived; but, now he says that all he drinks is water. it really scared him.

i drink a ton of diet coke. i haven't drank mountain dew since 1979. the ship i was on in the coast guard, mountain dew could be reached by sticking your arm in the soda machine and pulling one out. so, most of the crew drank (free) mountain dew.

I hope it was Mountain Dew Throwback.

That's made with real sugar using the original recipe, not high fructose corn syrup. It tastes SO much better! Not really sweeter, but a much cleaner taste. There's an overly sweet aftertaste from the regular HFCS sodas that you don't get with real sugar.

It's a limited release, so if you find some, you should treat yourself.

There's an overly sweet aftertaste from the regular HFCS sodas that you don't get with real sugar.

I hardly ever have soft drinks anymore. Between HFCS and Aspertame, our beverages are killing us.

I had a Coke while overseas... made withreal sugar, and it was really good. I still have about three cans of Pepsi Throwback, thta my kids have been finishing off.

Clue - great to see you around!

Bruce

I hope it was Mountain Dew Throwback.

That's made with real sugar using the original recipe, not high fructose corn syrup. It tastes SO much better! Not really sweeter, but a much cleaner taste. There's an overly sweet aftertaste from the regular HFCS sodas that you don't get with real sugar.

It's a limited release, so if you find some, you should treat yourself.

I saw that this summer but it disappeared a few months ago from the shelves around here. I was actually going to buy one and save it to drink at the end of the year but never got around to it.

Cluless:

Hey Garymd!

You have been caught!

You never will know who is looking out for your sorry butt Smile

Glad to see you are still out and a bout

Hiya Clu!!

You have ALWAYS looked out for my sorry butt.[A] Don't think it has gone unnoticed.

I hope all is well with you and yours. Happy New Year!

Yah gotta' admit.... Anything that looks like ethylene glycol, or what drained out of the radiator, has to be good.... provided we heat it up and add more sugar until it crystalizes on the walls of the container.... has gotta' be great!!!!!

Other than that, an ice cold "dew" every couple weeks is a great thing to experience!

[H]