Free Power Cable Test Kit

InVeNtOr

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is several types. the issue will be what actually fits and what you have. you can check out www.vhaudio.com can't go wrong with chris. if you want to save a few bucks, you can try ebay. there is gold and silver ones. basically silver will give you more highs and gold will make it more warm. i think pete h has a few extra, don't know the plating material. iec socket here's a link i found doing a quick search.

i think chris has screw type ones and the only ones i have seen on ebay are solder. i have extra tin plated ones. if you want that i can ship it to you. it's the most basic type, nothing fancy, solder type.

Sorry I have been off the website for awhile but I am "quite" interested as I use PS Audio power cords myself and Straightwire silver link interconnects. Thanks for the info on the Pioneer Kuro, I guess I have been missing out as I have only used a Monster HDMI 1000 interconnect with regular power cord and everything else with my audio gear. Thanks for the thread, great reading!

PS. Just curious though as I use a Monster HTPS 5100 power conditioner\surge protector and plug into that, thanks.

you know i thought that too about copper. so i finally bought a pure coper connector (046e) and put it in the kit. to me i didn't hear a difference between that and stock. just what i hear, was a little shocked, well not shocked, but you understand.

let me know before pete ships them out! lol i can bump you down one. i don't see a need to send you to the back of the line......lol

anyways, let me know and i'll change the order.

I've completed the testing and need to know who they go to next. I did not read any of the previous tests prior to doing my own and tried to keep the test as unbiased as possible. I ran the tests through my Onkyo 805 on pure audio for all testing with no external amps in the mix. I'm reluctant to post any comments except that I heard some subtle differences in a few of the cables. I think the results would be the most accurate if they were posted after everyone was done. I must say that some of the cables are really great looking, you did a wonderful job putting this together. Very well thought out.[Y][Y]

patiently waiting for cables. may take a few extra days; I just switched out AVR's and still getting used to the sound (but overall, very pleased). Inventor ..can you provide copies of your evaluation template ..still not sure exactly what sort of feedback I/we are meant to provide aside from a subjective "yup, like this one the best in my system".

• Moderators

Inventor ..can you provide copies of your evaluation template ..still not sure exactly what sort of feedback I/we are meant to provide aside from a subjective "yup, like this one the best in my system".

It is provided in the kit. Very detailed instructions, you will have no problems following them. He has a feedback sheet that has two pages for you to document what you hear, he even has some direct questions. Very well put together. Thanks again Inventor for allowing me to participate in the study.