My HT setup is finally finished

winchester21

After 16 months -At long last my dream HT audio system is finished. With the recent purchase of the second B&K EX 4420 the setup is complete. 6669.00 for the audio counting the TV and the wires/connectors Which is an absolute Joke. The thing is not beautiful - the wood finishes do not match- but the sound is totally awesome. It absolutely destroys the 30 k HT ssystem in my friends houses and the high end audio stores. 4000 miles of driving to pick stuff up from many friends on this forum. That was part of the fun.I have learned the magic of the Old Heritage stuff from the 80s and the importance of outboard amps if you want the ultimate system.

A huge thanks to Coytee and Cigarbum for hooking me up with the speakers foor much less that they should have cost. Also thanks to the forum members who encouraged me to sell my stuff and start from scratch with Heritage. It is not for everybody but it worked perfectly for me.

I just traded into a Sony digital camera to start posting some pics- not a camera person- something else to learn. Wnen my older son and I did the trade- he took all the batteries back to college with him with his camera. He will be home next week. I promise to post some pics then or before.

The room is hot large aprox 16 x 24- like sitting inside a giant headphone. Totally ridiculious for a room this size but I love it. The hidden beauty is the low-medium volume response. You can run the system at 80-90 db and a TV or DVD soundtrack is rich, smooth, and complete. You run it at 110 db and you think you are in the movie.

Side note- My previous ref system was great for HT- ran it in vaious configs since 2000. Another family member is still enjoying it and loves it The problem was that I could not get the 2 ch sound that I was looking for with my ref speakers. I did not have room for 2 more front speakers for 2ch so I bought K horns and went from there. I am about 50/50 listening between HT and 2 ch.

• Moderators

16x24 is not a bad size but with those speakers fot Ht and 2 CH I can see how it's rich, smooth and complete.

Sure beats little tiny speakers and a sub, that will make every little sound really sound realistic, like rain or a door closing behind you. I like when a dog barks or people talk off to the sides or the rear and it makes you look, it's always a surprise, or a plane passes over. Bigger speakers just make it sound that much more real.

Very nice........and don't forget Concert DVD's ! [Y]

I picked up a single LaScala from Winchester last weekend (thanks a million, really) and saw the setup. I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry because all that Heritage at "point blank range" would have been something to hear. I should have taken time to stop and smell the roses., KH's, Corns and LS's spaced out just right. Are you up to snuff on the Southpark Noise Ordinances??[:o]

I picked up a single LaScala from Winchester last weekend (thanks a million, really) and saw the setup. I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry because all that Heritage at "point blank range" would have been something to hear. I should have taken time to stop and smell the roses., KH's, Corns and LS's spaced out just right. Are you up to snuff on the Southpark Noise Ordinances??[:o]

Yeah - I know - no pics- guilty as charged- I will have my camera situation back in order by next week- should have my VRDs by then as well. Pics promised.

Stop by anytime Billy- Glad the LS is working out for you. No thanks necessary- The fact that someone in enjoying it is all the thanks that I need.

I got too carried away with mine when I had 4 Klipschorn's, a La Scala and two Belle's along with a pair of Heresy's on the front Klipschorn's for front effects powered by 2100 watts via a Sherbourn 7/2100A 7 channel true monoblock amp. Two Velodyne HGS-15's filling in the low end off the two dedicated subwoofer outputs on the NAD AV Pre/Pro. It was insane and dynamics and clarity were off the charts. I don't think there was a theater in the state of VT that could have competed.

I have actually downsized it over the years but it still maintains it's powerful presence and I gained back some real estate.

Fun watching the expression on people's faces when you put a little volume to it or when a bass note hits.