chrapladm

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW!!!!

Those 402's are large. Does the BMS 4592 mid not compare to the 402's CD or the BMD750?

The BMD750 is definitely a cheaper option than the BMS 4592 mid.

What are the angles on the 402 horn?

And is the A402 assembly heavy?

Oh and yes they do have baseball here. I am from the USA and I have only lived here for 2 years so I am well informed about Baseball.

• Moderators

If you want to build MWM's send me an email, but I will warn you they are BIG.

Dtel... I can't hold it back anymore.

The finish on your MWMS's clash with the finish on your floor.

There, I said it....I now feel somehow cleansed. { and it's not even Sunday } [:$]

{You can't tell when your eyes are closed and your listening. Also you can ask my wife, it's my job around here to make things clash or at least cause a little friction.[:P] }

I'm sure it's been whispered about behind your back and it's time someone finally let you in on the design faux pas. If you had any design taste at all you should remove those immediately from that location where they clash.

{ I don't have any, probably never will ? My wife picks out my clothes when we go out so I don't embarrass her because she knows I don't care how I look if I am comfortable. [:$] }

I'll even be a sport and offer to let them clash up here with my Plug Uglies. I doubt my wife will even tell a difference. Just let me know what day of the week you intend on delivering them, ok? I need to protect you from my dogs when you carry them inside for me and set them up.

{ it would almost be worth it to see the look on your wife's face when I tell her there yours ! [:-*] }

Chloe wields a whickedly fast and slimy tongue.

{ I knew a girl like that once but her name was not Chloe , no problem ! [:o] }

Dog

Just let me know when......call me..... Party!!!

[Y]

Chloe wields a whickedly fast and slimy tongue.

{ I knew a girl like that once but her name was not Chloe , no problem ! Surprise }

Yeah, but did she lick you all over the hands, legs and face?

uh....on second thought..... nevermind and forget I asked..... [:|] [:#]

And of coarse I have to ask is it beneficial for me to have the Jubilee if I am crossing the speakers off at around 80hz?

I will have the sub crossed over at 70-80hz. Dont know how deep the L/R will need to go but a balls to the wall sound description sounds like what I want. And I am smashing all these huge amounts of power into a 17.5ft x 12.5ft x 9.5ft room.

I do not think you need a sub with a jubilee unless you are going to use it under 30hz. There is a lf boost that makes the Jubilee LF performance even more impressive. I had Tony overt a couple weeks and he asked me to turn off the bass test cd because he was getting dizy. If you are set on a sub perhaps La Scala or Belle is the way to go but you'd be better off crossing them a little lower than 80hz.

Good luck. It sounds like fun.

Did you get the pics of the back of the horm tosee the assembly to hold the 402?(dust and all)

Last night I forgot....and this morning, when I saw this thread, I noticed the above picture so presumed that would suffice for you.

Unless he beats me to it, I'll see if I can get a wider shot of the back side of the K402 tonight.

What ever L/R I end up going with I will always have a subwoofer. My 2 Maelstrom X 18 build willbe the only thing I know of that can provide the lower range I want at the levels I want.

30hz is awesome but I am talking about reaching 5hz. I have a few cds that have tracks that have 7hz-15hz tones in themand when you finally here the lower hz it is .........AMAZING. Hard to desribe unless you hear it. I remember watching Incredible Hulk for the first time with a sub that could actually play the lower range and the sonic gun Hulk gets shot with is amazing. LOTR, Black Hawk Down, C.A.C., U571 and Finding Nemo ect.

SO I might have to rethink where to cross my subs at but I will decide more on that when it is all in place. I wouldn't want a huge peak at 40 and 60 hz. But that will just require some fine tuning with REW, Behringer and other tid bits.

How much do they La Scala and Jubilee stick out from the wall when placed at the corners?

And just to be sure these cabs all need to go into a corner or no?

Looks like these cabs will actually need about 36"'s because of the corner placement even know they aren't actually that deep.

And regarding the pic of the mounting aparatus for the 402 I didn't know if it was similar to the Krix or not:

http://krix.com.au/Product/Detail.aspx?p=45&id=24

or if it looked like the mounting bracket for the mid horn on there 3 way model:

http://krix.com.au/Product/Detail.aspx?p=45&id=36

Thanks

How do I find Bob Crites on this forum?

I am trying to figure out what is the diff between the CW1526 and the CW1526C.

OK just saw that one is stamped steel and the other cast frame. Is there any other differences?

It says that one should not be used with the La Scala, is that because they vary in size? Are these the same spec and SQ wise?

It says that one should not be used with the La Scala, is that because they vary in size

The cast frame is slightly larger and is harder to fit in a stock LaScala. If you are building your own, you can adjust slightly. Many have ground off a small portion of the frame on two sides, so they will fit in the cabinets.

I wouldn't hesitate to by either one from Bob. The stamped frame woofer still works and sounds great, and is superb bang for the buck value.

Bruce

Thanks Marvel that clears things up a bit.

Now I just need to figure the whole 402 vs BMS/BEYMA option.

I cant fit the MWM's in my future HT. [:'(] I only have 54 inches of room per L/R

I can however fit anything else. So between the La Scala and the Jubilee I am still undecided. I am leaning towards the Jub because I would listen to a lot of 2 channel content if I had them because I dont have alot of SACD or anything with 5.1 or greater setups. So even though I might cross them higher than they can reach I would still be able to enjoy there full potential when in 2 channel.

And whose are these La Scala's:

It could just be an awesome recording but they sound very good for a youtube video.

So even though I might cross them higher than they can reach I would still be able to enjoy there full potential when in 2 channel.

As someone who owns both Jubilees and LaScalas, I'm here to tell you.... if it's as simple as a coin toss for you then there is NO coin toss! It's the Jubilee's all the way, no contest.

I would however, like to preface my comment just a little. I am referring to a Klipsch Jubilee and a Klipsch LaScala. What I mean by that is, if you do a faithful reproduction of the Jubilee bass bin and for what ever reasons, put a different horn on top, or cross the bass bin higher (if I understand your statement above) then I'd have to sit here while scratching my head thinking.... "do we really know what you are hearing?"

My suggestion would be to stick with engineered solutions and to that end, the K402 or the K510 have been fully engineered to work with the bass bin (that is populated with the K31 driver).

My advice to you, should you choose to embark on this journey is to make the factory Jubilee your target and make all your efforts towards hitting that target. Nobody can be sure what any other end result you might otherwise reach, would sound like.

If you try to get the K402 you won't have to worry about the BMS/Beyma option since the 402 will already have the K69 driver hanging off the back. It would arrive ready to plug & play. Simply set atop your bass bin (Jubilee clone or LaScala) plug it in (preferably to an active crossover) and enjoy.

402 or the 510 on top of a La Scala botttom rules.... Face it most of us in a HT room in our house do not need a HUGE 402 too.

If crossing over at 80 Htz too... And all three up front should be.. the same too frequency and speakers too... The La Scala bottom is fine, add a sub(s) ... (use the THX Ultra 2 Subs with the KA 120 amp too, hint hint.) You will be happy!

If crossing over at 80 Htz too... And all three up front should be.. the same too frequency and speakers too... The La Scala bottom is fine, add a sub(s) ... (use the THX Ultra 2 Subs with the KA 120 amp too, hint hint.) You will be happy!

pfffffffffffffffffft.... what do you know about a decent sounding HT system in the basement?

[A]

Good to see ya back! Hope things are going well.

[Y]