Internet Radio

irwin

• Moderators

I have been thinking about the same thing, we have wireless here but I don't think I could set it up without costing alot, I don't know how it works. I wish I has an old laptop that would probably make it easier.

I've heard and read great reviews on this........

31qRgjGJK6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Designed for "Serious Music Lovers" The Music Streamer+ is an ultra
high performance music interface that allows a computer and a home
entertainment system to become perfect partners. "It significantly
upgrades high-quality downloads and ripped CDs in bit-for-bit or
lossless compression," notes Alan Sircom in issue 64 of HiFi+ magazine.
It excels "in dynamic range, at least in terms of subtle shading and
microdynamics, drawing out the inner rise and fall of individual
musicians within the recording." "Serious music lovers and philes
should investigate the HRT Streamer+, as it was clearly designed to get
through to the music, rather than get around it for a gimmick or
effect," reports Michael Mercer in Issue 43 of Positive Feedback Online.
From the outside, the Music Streamer+ looks similar to the original
Music Streamer. But the + model beats its predecessor in the performance
department thanks to audiophile-grade internal circuitry. It boasts a
lower noise floor, better signal-to-noise ratio, lower distortion, and a
more accurate frequency response at 20 Hz than the standard Streamer.

It is only $299 which seems like a good price. I think the review I read was in Stereophile Mag.

Here is the Amazon Link----------------> CLICK HERE

Dennie

Good question.

Let me give a plug to the notion that there is plenty of good radio out there on the Internet in these days when the FM dial is devoid of meaningful content. Here in Chicago we have one NPR station WBEZ and the magnificent WFMT. But that is about IT.

It is easy to use a headphone out of the laptop and feed the stereo system at the office.

Wm Gil McD

There was a time that my wife would use my Denon AVR for internet radio to listen to Korean feeds but it was too complicated for her to understand that at times a "station" may not "work". What little spare time I have for listening I choose to use the best sourceI have for a few minutes now and then (I do not have a tuner even programmed to play). Just what did happen to my bachelor days when I spent untold hours of listening to music and playing darts?

• Moderators

In my wifes sewing room she has a computer and a stereo about 10' apart, so I was playing around today and found this place, Alot is the name of it. I downloaded it in about 30 seconds and it has some pretty good stations and it's free, not bad for background music for her room.

I don't have a computer close enough in the living room to set up something there unless it would pick up wireless and have a screen to see what your doing. Or I would have to run about a 75' wire to get to the nearest computer which would be no fun.

http://try.alot.com/tb/radio/radio_flash.php?aff_id=yahoo&camp_id=349&qry=free%20online%20radio&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

I run simple Radio shack cable from the Aux on the receiver to my computer. I listen to KWAX.com classical music almost every day. I use real Player cause it seems to give me a deeper, cleaner sound than I Tunes does..............

Hope this makes sense.

I've been thinking about Internet Radio lately as a way of listening to new music.As far as I'm concerned FM radio is dead.I think that for the moment I'll go the cheapo route,and pickup a cable long enough to connect my computer to my stereo.

That streamer is a joke. It's a regular external sound card that ataches to a computer. The review is bogus. If the data is not there, there can be none of the effects described, but if the data is there i'm ready to show that i will produce the same sounds with a different sound card.

• Moderators

That streamer is a joke. It's a regular external sound card that ataches to a computer. The review is bogus. If the data is not there, there can be none of the effects described, but if the data is there i'm ready to show that i will produce the same sounds with a different sound card.

You lost me what streamer are you taking about ?

• Moderators

I listen to Sirius via my iphone with the dock going to the receiver. I also like Pandora and Slacker as internet radio.

How does Sirius sound, I have it through Dish Network with all the HD channels and the quality is not any better than my over the air radio stations by far, and much worse than a CD.

Every now and then ill turn KPIG on and stream it to my system. More often Ill stream Pandora. I pay for the upgraded version of Pandora and the sound is better than the regular Pandora.

I have a Mac Mini in my kitchen that Is connected to my wireless network. I have an airport express that is connected via a mini optical cable to a dac and then to the system. Sounds pretty good.

Josh

I listen to Sirius via my iphone with the dock going to the receiver. I also like Pandora and Slacker as internet radio.

How does Sirius sound, I have it through Dish Network with all the HD channels and the quality is not any better than my over the air radio stations by far, and much worse than a CD.

It actually sounds pretty good, I think I paid an extra 2.00 a mth for the "CD Quality" subscription.