The 2010 Picky Report

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't remember a group shot being taken. The groups were fairly spread out. In fact I don't remember seeing everyone at any one given place or time.

Sigh. I was afraid of that. Every time I don't attend, this doesn't get done. Now I see I will have to go to every future pilgrimage until the end of time.

[;)]

• Moderators

Well, Trey did have a pretty big weight on his shoulders the whole weekend. I'll cut him some slack this time.

[:)]

Kidding aside, Trey did an outstanding job. It was great to hear how you all showed him your appreciation, too. [Y] He earned it!!

-what's that red thingy on the cart with stage box?

If your talking about the red tube thing on the left side, it's a piece of PVC pipe painted red. After the big wire/cable/snake is rolled up the end with all the connectors is stuffed in that to protect all the end connectors.

The ONLY reason I know that is because we cleared the stage after the show, Indifferent a job that is much more than it initially looks like it would be, " tonnes of stuff ".

Yep, here's a picture of me with the ( apparently ) 500 foot long snake, mounted to a cart.

IMG_8681.JPG

So Michael (Colter) would this handtruck snake holder transporter prevent the twisting that occurs just wrapping it up around one's arm or coiling in a pile? Or would it still have that problem? Have you mastered the funky way of coiling Karl showed you to prevent twisting your snake that you tried to show me?

If winding the cable up on the cart doesn't twist things up that's one cool way to wind up and haul the snake - especially when it gets big and long. This one looks thicker than yours with a lot more connections on the stage box. And your snake isn't exactly small.

(now that all sounds kinda wierd ... expecting a comment from Fini)

• Moderators

So when do we get to see a picture of the cool placque Christie made for Trey?

[:o]

I never got a pic of it, never thought to take one. [:$] But it was copper thread on a black background.

• Moderators

I don't remember a group shot being taken. The groups were fairly spread out. In fact I don't remember seeing everyone at any one given place or time.

Sigh. I was afraid of that. Every time I don't attend, this doesn't get done. Now I see I will have to go to every future pilgrimage until the end of time.

Wink

Well the plan worked ! [Y] And your right, Trey almost killed himself, as usual.

-what's that red thingy on the cart with stage box?

If your talking about the red tube thing on the left side, it's a piece of PVC pipe painted red. After the big wire/cable/snake is rolled up the end with all the connectors is stuffed in that to protect all the end connectors.

The ONLY reason I know that is because we cleared the stage after the show, Indifferent a job that is much more than it initially looks like it would be, " tonnes of stuff ".

Yup, it's what I do on a pretty regular basis. You're supposed to use a Crown Royal bag for your snake tails. Didn't anybody tell that guy that?

Ben, looks like a 200 footer to me. Typically, unless a reel is used (yes looks like a very heavy duty garden hose reel, sometimes with Anvil case), snakes and other heavy cables are over/under coiled. This means each alternate coil is laid the with the opposite twist, causing less damage to the internal conductors and avoiding the dreaded permanent kinks. I don't know how you'd do that on a cart. I have to do it with cable laid flat on ground but could over/under it and then place on the cart I suppose. I wear thin knit gloves with rubber palm grips to keep the nasties off my hands.

Immediately following the glue application, both men work together to carefully bend each side up in a 90 degree angle, forming a 4-cornered box using the the tape as hinges. Very cool!!

Anyone else notice something wrong with pic 238 ? Or is that a custom ports on top RF7 ?

I don't think the top end has been placed yet, you're looking through the box at the port openings on the back side of the cabinet.

• Moderators

Immediately following the glue application, both men work together to carefully bend each side up in a 90 degree angle, forming a 4-cornered box using the the tape as hinges. Very cool!!

Anyone else notice something wrong with pic 238 ? Or is that a custom ports on top RF7 ?

I don't think the top end has been placed yet, you're looking through the box at the port openings on the back side of the cabinet.

And there is much more to that, but I am NOT going to be the one to let anything slip out. [:#]

I have over 300 pic's but can't put them all, anything anyone want to see ?

Christy and the other hot chicks!! (trying to duck the face slap, but probably running right into it )

There was this girl up by the stage with short shorts but with my luck her 6' 6" boyfriend was there, and I am to old to run !

Let me help you out with that one [;)]

post-14182-1381959847137_thumb.jpg

post-14182-13819616644976_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

Ok, lets see if I can remember all the questions...you know Mike If you would have come with us you would not have so many questions.

Amps: the pic Doc took was before I re-wired the racks on Sat morning. I also cleaned up the wires to make sure no LINE IN's were over AC power cords....took care of the hum. 1k to each sub from a 2K amp. so 8k Total to the subs. Doc told about the mains...the 1st rack of amps held the Monitors and 4 subs, the 2nd rack held subs only...most of the amps there were back up. The 3rd rack was back up only and not use. So we use 16k Watts on the FOH and about 4k on Monitors.

All FX were at the board. Brian Lee was the sound engineer and did a fantastic job. No feed back at all for the whole show. We ran between 95 and 105 db all day and night.

The tent was set up so far away to allow for little to no slap back from the FOH. We had a trailor set up just in front of the tent and it gave a real bad bounce so I am glad I chose to set the tent up that far back. It was also off center to allow for some to be "out of the line of fire" in the case it was to loud for some...it wasn't.

the snake was 150 ft and damn heavy. Jerome re-wound the snake the next day to insure it was ok. It was broke out into 3 other snakes for stage hook up.

The punch off all thoes 18" woofers was great. It really hit you in the chest. We had the main amps down to about 1/2 volume to give the board unity levels. Can you say head room...

I hope there were pic's of the amp racks from later in the night...after I cleaned them up...I want Profesor Thump to be proud....

every act did a great job. We started a bit late due to the live feed not giving video...We did record the whole show using 4 cameras and a video mixer. The local TV station teamed up with the college and shot the whole thing. I hope to have the edited version next week. We recorded the show on a master recorder as well. I hope to get a mastered version in a month or so. Maybe we can mix the two and get a combo pack for sale...DVD & CD

I will take pic of the gift I received. It is very nice, well done and lots of cool notes from the gang. Thank you. I have never taken praise very well. I don't do things like this for praise. I do it because I enjoy it. I know I put a lot of work into it but it is all worth it when a show goes off with out a hitch. Good friends and good music = good times for all.

I put about 40 pic's up on Facebook but will post them here in the next week or so...( I am on vacation this week)

I think my bigest thank you goes to the guys that stayed after the show and helped me move gear to the BSH. If it were not for your help, I would have had to sleep on that stage again. I don't know that I would have made it through the night...I was spent...but thank you to all that attended in any way. We raised over $1500 for chairty, not bad for a last min idea.

Every one involved and I mean everyone has ask about next year. The city, Hope PD, a dozen or so places around town want in to help next time...at lest 10 other bands contacted me wanting to play. The event people for other events came to me and wanted to team up their and our event next year.

I set out to do one thing...enjoy some live music with friends...I managed much more than that...it was a great team effort. Thank you all for your help in making it a good time.