New Reference Line?

chise1

If they change the crossover for the Mark II, I wonder how much impact that would have on it matching up with Mark I speakers?

I'm still wanting to add a pair of rear speakers, either RB-75, another pair of RF-7, or maybe RF-5 since I've heard so much good feedback on them.

I'm definitely looking forward to some official info on the new series.

• Moderators

I don't think the crossover would make much difference at all, a different driver could be a problem if it is not timbre matched to the older models ?

My daughter has a pair of Black RB-75's in her bedroom, VERY nice little speaker that's not that little ! We got them at an auction for an embarrassingly low price new in the box. At the auction there were about 6 other pair and for some reason were priced much higher, her pair was setting off on the side and sold at almost the end of the auction.

Another update:

Speaker_____Freq Response__Sensitivity____Hi Freq Driver_______Hi Freq X-over

RF-7 II_______30Hz-24kHz_____101 dB______1.75" Ti Dia. Comp___1200 Hz

RF-7_________32Hz-20kHz_____102 dB______1.75" Ti Dia. Comp___2200 Hz

RF-83_______29Hz-21kHz_____100 dB______1.25" Ti Dia. Comp___1650 Hz

RC-64 II______59Hz-24kHz____99 dB_______1.75" Ti Dia. Comp___1400 Hz (Only gave one level)

RC-7________45Hz-20kHz_____98 dB_______1.75" Ti Dia. Comp___550 & 1950 Hz

RC-64_______62Hz-21kHz_____99 dB_______1.25" Ti Dia. Comp___1150 & 1800 Hz

RS-62 II______50Hz-24kHz____97 dB_______2x 1" Ti Dia. Comp_____1300 Hz

RS-62_______50Hz-23kHz_____97 dB_______2x 1" Ti Dia. Comp_____20000 Hz

The rest of the specs are the same for the respective speaker they are replacing

I generally like sound to be a little more detailed (bright?) and I have only demo'd the rf-83's and rc-62 and loved them. Without hearing the speakers first hand but knowing the difference in hi freq drivers and X-over level, where will this set stand as far as being brighter/warmer (again i hope I am using this terms correctly) than both the original rf-7 & rf-83?

I absolutely loved the 83's the few times I have heard them and don't know what to expect for the new series...I may be (ok yes i am) waiting for the new series to come and have a chance to get a good discount for buying early (may not get to hear them prior to $$) with a local dealer. My worst will be spending the extra cash and regretting it.... That said... I cannot find a dealer who has access to all 3 83/64/62 speakers and is willing to negotiate much. btw, Thanks Bill H. Worth a try but would not budge.

But tonight I went to both of them cash in hand and BOTH told me that the 83/64's quote "No longer exist" (must have both spoke to the same klipsch rep).

Why did they back out on the original discounted price?

Sorry, missed your comment a while back. The first place claimed that they could not get 83's or 64's anymore (different rep than before). My personal feeling is that the first rep put his foot in his mouth and his manager isn't willing to back it up. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though. The second rep has stated several times that "they WILL get my business"... They are now trying to tie me up with the new set and started with 20% off without me saying a word. I am going to shoot for 30% but will probably pull the trigger at 25% without hearing them first if I can get them there. I'm gonna be putting a lot of faith in Mr. Klipsch if for this one...My sunfire just looks so lonely without anything hooked up to it[:^)]

The second place told me NIB on the phone then the store owner called me when i was half way there and tried to swap 83's NIB for his "perfect" floor models for that price. Well.... lets just say that I don't consider peeling veneer and dents on the woofers to be perfect...They also said that they could not get 64's anymore once I arrived at the store (deal breaker for me).

Decided just a bit late. I called up my dealer in Columbia, SC and found out that RF-83 line is no longer available :-(

The new RF-7 II line will NOT be avaiable till middle of September 2010. But the matching Sub could be even further later with estimated date of early October 2010.

No information about any price or early bird discounts yet. Too bad I missed the huge discounts at the end of line as I am sure the new line will NOT start with the same discounts :-(

Waiting for the new line to be made available just like others. In the mean time if you know of any dealer in and around Columbia, SC that has the whole RF-83 line with the Subs with huge discounts, please let me and I will jump on the offer right away.

Waiting ..........

Love my RF7's , have two pairs will not part with these SPL monsters. Great impact.

I will make sure to buy the new RF7II. [:D] I heard the RF83's ...nah I prefer my RF7's. The BIG BOLD Klipsch sound not a crossover speaker(trying to please fans of the competing brands).

Please Klipsch ...STAY KLIPSCH. Do not try to be Dynaudio, Focal or anyone else. With the Palladium line I still hear a Klipsch,great Klipsch.

This is why I have purchased the little Palladium stand mounted and a center. next up the floor standers.

Why isn't this news in the 'Announcements' section?

Can't say for sure but my dealer has told me they won't be "officially" released for a couple weeks.

Nothing wrong with creating some official spark here in the Forum. Not everyone combs the Home Theater section. Inquiring Klipsch heads would want to know!

Love my RF7's , have two pairs will not part with these SPL monsters. Great impact.

Same here - I love my RF-7s. Seems like these things, with my B&K amp, is friggan MADE for the power/progressive metal that I often listen to!

At the same time, I am also very curious about the new RF-7 IIs. That lower 1200 Hertz crossover point does have me wondering if the mid-range on these things will be more improved. I've always thought that 2200 Hertz crossover point on the originals seems a bit high. Asking 10-inch woofers to carry sound that high in frequency seems like it was asking quite a bit.

Like you, I may end up buying a pair as well - at least to try out and compare directly to my current RF-7s.

• Moderators

Wow, some dealers have big mouths. [:)]

Yes, we are putting the finishing touches on a new Reference line. We think you will be pleased.

Official announcements coming soon!

I will say this, unofficially.... if you liked the original RF-7, you will looooooove the mark II! [Y]