New Reference Line?

chise1

that would probably make sense since the rf-83 are now defunct.

I'd like to hear the "corporate line" on the Reference series evolution....

I can totally understand Klipsch bringing back an energized RF-7 based HT, but am really surprised that Jay seems to be the only one talking about it. [:^)]

that would probably make sense since the rf-83 are now defunct.

I'd like to hear the "corporate line" on the Reference series evolution....

I can totally understand Klipsch bringing back an energized RF-7 based HT, but am really surprised that Jay seems to be the only one talking about it. Huh?

-1 for being on-topic...

Uh Uh Uh..... Lets put it this way. We were told that we would not have to sign confidentiality agreements and anything you see at the plant is not subject to secrecy and that we can talk about it in the forum. I just decided to not talk about it until someone actually mentioned a dealer saying the rf-83 is now discontinued and that there is a new line. If they spoke to their dealers I believe it is fair game to talk about it now.

As with why not many people saw or talked about what I saw, Klipsch did pretty well to hide it in plain sight. I just noticed in the palladium room a speaker (as the picture showed) that appeared wrong. It looks like a palladium speaker but the cone is copper. Clearly not palladium. One was upside down and the writing as the picture shows said RF-7 II. That is when I realized something was different as the last RF-7 had stamped baskets not the newer heatsink type designed baskets. So they did a good job to leave it in plain sight.

Quick Update

Spoke to dealer again... He seemed to be a little confused/hesitant but said:

rf-7 II replaces rf-83

rc-64 II replaces rc-64

rs-62 II replaces rs-62

same ol'boxes w/new drivers...?

Lets just say the prices have gone up for the new line as well. He offered a decent discount (% wise) but the new series would end up costing me an additional $1450 over the original (soon to be discontinued) set at their current proposal.

This was def not in the budget and I don't know if I can wait another month for speakers.... [:(]

Any advice on a dealer in the midwest where I could still get the old 83/64/62 set at NIB?? Or will the new set be worth the extra $1450 (somehow doubt it)?

Wow, that's a lot of replies in a short time! I skimmed through them and didn't see this mentioned, so forgive me if it's already been discussed, but the question burning in my mind is, if they're re-releasing the RF-7 series of speakers....

what about an RB-75 II?!?!?! [:)]

it's only because i'm insanely jealous. the RF-5's would serve as nice surrounds, no? :D

Oh yeah! RF-5 as surrounds with RF-7s! [:D]

What would be better would be some RF-7s as surrounds for RF-7s. May have to check out these new RF-7 II and do a direct comparison with my current RF-7s (and then move the current RF-7s as surrounds and then use the RF-5s down in the basement on the two-channel rig).

I've got a good feeling about this newer version. I'm sure they'll lower the x-over to let the horn sing, and make them more like the relaxed sound of the IV version Reference.

As I said earlier I hope they find a good medium as it seemed there' were complaints in both direction, too laid back and too in your face.

it's only because i'm insanely jealous. the RF-5's would serve as nice surrounds, no? :D

RF 5's as surrounds really is a sweet sweet experience, my wife told me to put the RF 7's as surrounds and leave the La Scalas up front.

I have RF-3s (listed below) as side surrounds and couldn't justify putting RF-5s in their place after countless auditions...Then I found I liked RB-75s better as mains than the RF-3s and tried them as side surrounds, but still preferred the RF-3s in that location....I am still going to pick up a pair of RF-7s if they become available at a bargain price locally and may consider the "new and improved" RF-7s up front after I hear/see how they would match with my RC-7 and move the extra pair to side surround duty...My situation is that I sit within 4 feet of my ss and the RF-7s may be too big. [:S]

Fwiw, I listen to multichannel music every night and haven't felt the need to upgrade. I also considered selling the RB-75s/RC-7 we have in our bedroom, but decided they were worth more than I could get for them...Surely Klipsch is going to reintroduce these very impressive bookshelf speakers to compliment the RF-7s in Home Theater (or use as mains with the new improved RC-64). [8]