New Project La scala 2nd one done (Twins)

kg4guy

There's more to it than just making the horn bigger as there's a very complex relationship between all the horn parameters. I think you're pretty brave for making sawdust without having any kind of simulation for mathematical model to predict your outcome because you're not going to know what you're going to get until you've gotten it, and it might come out with all kinds of odd peaks and dips in the response, or it might come out really well or it could land anywhere in between.

I like it

The general flair starting at the 1st 90 degree turn should be a big help in recovering the upper mid bass that is loss as a result of those non flaring tunnels, which in my mind were only put there so that the woofer would fit inside the dog house.

There's more to it than just making the horn bigger as there's a very complex relationship between all the horn parameters. I think you're pretty brave for making sawdust without having any kind of simulation for mathematical model to predict your outcome because you're not going to know what you're going to get until you've gotten it, and it might come out with all kinds of odd peaks and dips in the response, or it might come out really well or it could land anywhere in between.

This same exact design has been produced by John Allen as part of his HPS-4000 cinema aray since 2005. This verion of the La Scala is what he calls the 555, but also has an additional horzontal brace on both sides of the dog house to the outside of the bass bin.

Roger