What kind of dog is this?

toddvj

No, she's allowed on the couch.

I've got 6 indoor dogs.

Wow! And I thought I skewed the curve with 4.

3 of ours are from the pound, and the 4th (and most recent) is from our farm. Who would have thought? Buy a farm, and get a free dog with heart worms! A few K's later, and she turned out to be a young, healthy dog with a good personality. Had we not come along when we did, she'd have not made it. She was very sick and maybe would have made it another month, if that.

This is my new puppy. We got her from the animal shelter, so they don't know a whole lot about her. They say she is a 1 year old shepherd mix, but as my wife says, there were a lot of "one year old" dogs. What do you guys think?

http://img202.imageshack.us/i/45454154616554553874100.jpg/' target="_blank" title="http://img202.imageshack.us/i/45454154616554553874100.jpg/">

Congrats! I definitely see the lab, but also some terrier in the nose... has she developed any "habits" yet? Terriers love to dig, Labs love to tear up anything, including siding from houses, when they lose their baby teeth. I definitely recommend getting a DNA test. We too have a rescue dog that we thought for sure was a Bearded Collie (like a Old English Sheepdog, but straight hair), but he turned out to be a Clumber Spaniel and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier combined with a Weimaraner and a Belgian Tervuren! Heck I'd never heard of 3/4 of those breeds, but in looking them up, that did explain his high ears and a lot of his characteristics. We used Canine Heritage, but they were a bit pricey (>$100).

Regardless, I encouarge you to get his breeds established as it will help in training and make her a better dog and you happier owners in the long run. Enjoy and I hope she likes good loud music

!

Congratulations Todd (and family), she's a beautiful dog!

Don't spoil her to much. My Besenji mix "Cody" (from the shelter) started picking out records and asking me to play them.....

Posted Image

We all thought it was cute, until I came home and found her playing records while napping........

Posted Image

.....and the Cat? He's a lost cause.......

Posted Image

Thanks for sharing her with us,

Dennie