What kind of dog is this?

toddvj

Nice looking pup. Congatulations and [Y] for getting a shelter dog. Seems like she's already fitting into a pampered lifestyle. Looks like a lab-rottweiler cross to me. I don't see much shepherd. Should be a smart and sweet natured dog. Enjoy.

Name? [&]

Yeah, I don't see much shepherd either, but my wife does. I don't know if she's really a year old yet either, she still smells like a puppy. Her name is Bella. I think she's pretty happy with her new home, and she is very smart and sweet. Tomorrow will be one week that we've had her. Still getting used to the two cats, though :)

I think Sput's close as anyone's can get. Wife looked at pictures; says Rott seems to dominate, possibly Lab (check the paws for some "webbing"), but seems to have some terrier (long nose). Looks like a very nice dog. Shelter rescues are the way to go! All of our cats, the dog and one of the horses are "rescued". Very loyal after they get acclimated ("dogs & cats, living together"... Bill Murray). [Y]

[H]

Nice looking pup. Congatulations and Yes for getting a shelter dog. Seems like she's already fitting into a pampered lifestyle. Looks like a lab-rottweiler cross to me. I don't see much shepherd. Should be a smart and sweet natured dog. Enjoy.

I am thinking more of a Lab-Doberman mix instead of Rotweiller. The dog looks too slender to be a rotweiller mix. In addition, the snout looks to be the more elongated one typical of a Doberman, plus there is just the slightest hint of the brown on the dog's cheeks typcial of a Doberman.

Todd's dog:

45454154616551220541100.jpg

Picture of a Doberman cribbed from Wikipedia:

800px-Dobermannhuendin.jpg

A picture of a Rottweiler cribbed from Wikipedia. Notice that dog looks much more "bulky" than Todd's dog, which is another reason I am thinking more Doberman than Rottweiler.

Rottweiler3.jpg

Since she is on the couch, I'd say she is a bad dog...

No, she's allowed on the couch.

And I suspected Doberman myself. Glad someone agrees. That genetic testing is pretty cool but I'm really not that worried about it. She's a good dog, that's all I really need to know.

I'm in a similar boat. I've got what the humane society told me was a German Shepherd/Husky mix (but he's a year and a half old!). Of course he's small, even for a Husky, let alone a German Shepherd... Vet thought maybe some Collie, but really he's a GOK (God only knows). Either way, he's cute, and with a few obedience classes under his belt, he's pretty good too.

Good luck with the pooch!

No, she's allowed on the couch.

I've got 6 indoor dogs. One of them consideres the couch part of her area. Three others only get up there when encouraged (unless we're not in there then one of the others ALWAYS gets up there.....she thinks we don't notice)

The first dog... also sleeps on the bed and after I'm gone, evidently, thinks my pillow belongs to her.

So, be careful.... they will slowly push you out! I didn't believe it when my wife told me so, she got proof.

post-15072-13819616143688_thumb.jpg

post-15072-13819620296292_thumb.jpg