Cornwall III - Did Klipsch Copy Bob Crites ?

ka7niq

They are not the same. The CT-125's are an Eminence driver with a special K-77 type horn lens made for Bob to allow for direct "screw on" of the driver and match the dimensions and bolt pattern of the K-77's. The new K-77-F's are made by somebody else, and I don't have the name of the manufacturer/ supplier. That change dates back a number of years ago when Electrovoice stopped making the venerable original K-77's.

They are not the same. The CT-125's are an Eminence driver with a special K-77 type horn lens made for Bob to allow for direct "screw on" of the driver and match the dimensions and bolt pattern of the K-77's. The new K-77-F's are made by somebody else, and I don't have the name of the manufacturer/ supplier. That change dates back a number of years ago when Electrovoice stopped making the venerable original K-77's.

Well, the obvious question is WHAT is the better Tweeter ? Surely Klipsch is aware of the Titanium Tweeter made for Bob by Eminence, they read this board. I wonder why they simply did not go to Eminence for their new titanium tweeter, unless they felt theirs is better ?

As a Cornwall owner yourself, you MUST wonder about the new Cornwall 3 tweeter for your Cornwalls, don't you ?

• Moderators

The Cornwall lll also has titanium midrange [:|] BOTH are the exact same parts in the Heresy lll.

I am sure Groomlake has heard the difference, I know he has had some of Bob's tweeters and has heard the Cornwall lll when he was here. I have never heard them side by side ?