H O C K E Y S E A S O N ! ! ! WOO-HOO!

picky

• Moderators

i'm a southern california guy...what is hockey?

Guys with blades on their feet and clubs in their hands!

I heard about that, it's the one they play on that cold white stuff. Clubs, that explains all the fighting !

i'm a southern california guy...what is hockey?

Your immediate area has two NHL Teams: Anaheim Ducks and LA Kings and the San Jose Sharks further north. So, what's your REAL excuse? LOL [;)] -Glenn

Glenn,

Go Wings!

But, what if Illitch buys the Pistons and the Wings go to the Palace?

Hope you, Verna and you mother are well.

Neal: If the Wings go to the Palace of Auburn Hills, that just means I have a longer drive, but Fox Sport Net and Versus will still be just down my stairs! [:)] -Glenn

GO HAWKS!!! Darn NHL team salary cap, sort of diluted a very good team. Sad

But I am still optimistic about the upcoming season.

I am 100% happy that the Hawks won ONE. I NEVER thought I would see that in my lifetime. I can die now.....

As long as Scotty Bowman is around, it's all good, because he was my Stanley Cup season MVP. Dude is Hockey's version of King Midas.

Wow, The Red Wings played a very exciting game against Anaheim last evening, shutting them out in their season opener 4-0! There were more fights in a single game last night then I have seen in years. It was good, old-time hockey for a change. Pavel Datsyuk (13) even had what we call a "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" last night: A goal, an assist and a fight! This was Datsyuk's first fight of his career and of all people, it was against Corey Perry, one of the league's most-notorious fighters. Perry is like twice Datsyuk's size, but Pavel seemed to hold his own to everyone's surprise. There goes Pavel's chances for a Lady Byng Trophy this year! LOL One very exciting point was that Mike Modano (90), who just joined the Red Wings this season after spending his entire NHL career with Dallas, scored the second goal last night. Modano was born and raised in the Detroit area and had resided not far from here in the city of Westland where his parents still live. One sore point in the game was when a controversial 3rd goal by Detroit went to Toronto for review and was ruled a good goal. Maybe Toronto had a camera angle that we did not see, but if I had to pass judgement based on what the network had shown viewers, I would have had to deny it because it appeared that the net had come off it's mourings prior to the puck fully-crossing the goal line, which would have resulted in a final score of 3-0. Regardless, what a great game!

Next game is tonight in Chicago against the reigning champs, the Hawks. GO WINGS!!!!! -Glenn [:D]