Is anyone watching?

fini

Ok for little league ball it'sOK. Couldn't watch last night ause I was at a concert with Chucho Valdés and the

Afro-Cuban Messengers.
[<:o)]

Kidding aside I think it's great to see teams with grit and gumption playing for the ring. It's a classical American story.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok for little league ball it'sOK. Couldn't watch last night ause I was at a concert with Chucho Valdés and the

Afro-Cuban Messengers.
Party!!!

Kidding aside I think it's great to see teams with grit and gumption playing for the ring. It's a classical American story.

So Marty, have you watched any of the games, or are you quoting the media? I've been loving every second ('cept for those inane Taco Bell commercials where Joe Girardi feels up a dude's butt).

Tonight is a rematch between Lincecum and Lee. I think the Giants got off easy last time, and I'm sure we'll see the real Cliff Lee tonight. This could be the biggest battle of the series. WATCH!

Go Gigantes!

Afro-Cuban Messengers.
Party!!!

So Marty, have you watched any of the games, or are you quoting the media? I've been loving every second ('cept for those inane Taco Bell commercials where Joe Girardi feels up a dude's butt).

Tonight is a rematch between Lincecum and Lee. I think the Giants got off easy last time, and I'm sure we'll see the real Cliff Lee tonight. This could be the biggest battle of the series. WATCH!

Go Gigantes!

The way I look at it Lee should have pitched last night. Back in the day the ace of staff always started games 1,4 and 7. Now they are all prima donnas need their rest. It is the World Series get out there and pitch.

Cliff, that's right! Also, there were many more complete games in the good ol' days. I've heard that Lee particularly hates pitching on short rest. He'd have been forced to, had the Rangers not won game 3.

B E A U T I F U L i wish my Dad was alive to see this--one of my very few memories of him was sitting in the backyard at our house in Hayward and he's listening to the Giants game on the radio (circa 1965). To my fellow Giants fans on the forum--Finally...enjoy. Steve

Congrats to the giants and their fans. Some would say it was a disappointment for the rangers and fans to see the world series championship celebrated by the visitors, but I say how many fans can say they ever saw one at all? The last game of the season has always been sad in a way for me, but this time since it involved my home team, a place I lived before the team even appeared, where I had summer jobs at the stadium, it's different---and better.

This thing is still sinking in. Today (taking it easy after a facet joint injection) I'm watching the local Comcast.net's coverage of the post-game celebrations (at Arlington, in the streets of San Francisco, and in the studio), and I'm loving it. What an amazing game, series, post-season and season. Aubrey Huff told a story about a pre-game meeting the team had this year in Chicago, where Renteria broke down, telling how much he wanted to go all the way this season (perhaps his last). It was a moment that changed the team. That game, they went out and scored 10 runs in two innings, and the rest of the season is history. Probably the best pitching staff in baseball, and a different player every night doing the offensive damage. Unbelievable.

The Mets Win the Pennant! The Mets Win the Pennant! The Mets Win the Pennant!

What?

Oh it was that other New York team.

The Giants Win the Pennant! The Giants Win the Pennant. The Giants Win the Pennant!

Congratulations to the fans of the Giants !

I have to admit I did not watch any of the games, I can't stay awake and watch baseball, I have tried it, I fall asleep every time.

no way i could have fallen asleep last night. that game was exciting. me, being a lover of defense and good pitching, loved it. seeing a pitcher dominate the way lincecum did was very cool.

i also enjoy watching the player's reactions. i'm glad that the camera is also watching the dugout. it's very cool to see people celebrating (as long as it wasn't the rangers in this case). so, i'm two for two as a fan. Lakers are defending champions, now the Giants...so let's go Raiders--give me the fan trifecta.