Is anyone watching?

fini

The World Series, baby!!

I think God is on the Giants' side this year, given these first two games.

We Giants fans are not used to such luxuries as a 2-0 game lead in this best-of-seven. When your team is down, you keep going through the possible ways they can bounce back, because as long as they're still playing, there's a way to win (as improbable that might be). Baseball faith. Every true fan has it. But I'm finding when my team is out in front, I hesitate to consider "the possibilities." I don't want to jinx my team (I am certain my thoughts, and my thoughts only, affect the outcome of the game).

But I'll take leading over trailing. It's like Christmas, your birthday, finding a c-note on the street and a Thorens in the dumpster all rolled into one. Am I dreaming??

Giants fans have been waiting a looooong time for this. I keep wishing my Mom, father-in-law and sister-in-law were still here to see this. They would have been overjoyed, and that would be good to see. Who knows, maybe they are watching. And pulling a few strings. And blowing at balls that are headed for the top of the center field fence...

Talkin' Giants Baseball

The Flying Scot

He hit the shot

The names McGraw and Melvin Ott

Bill Terry and Christy Mathewson

Carl Hubbel he was King

Monte Irvin did his thing

And in '58 the Golden Gate saw the Giants marchin' in

I'm Talkin' Baseball

Toothpick, Antonelli

Giants baseball

Davenport and Bailey

McCormick, Harvey Kuenn, and Willie Mays

A trio of Alou came here to play

Talkin' Baseball

The Giants by the Bay

Cepeda and Stretch were back

to back

Rookies but I'll tell you Jack

Sanford led the way in '62

Marichal kicking high

Willie's cap would fly

Nothing could match his basket catch the legend grew

I'm Talkin' Baseball

Pierce and Haller, Pillar

Giants baseball

McGann and Bonds and Miller

Tito, Maddux, Mathews & Jim Ray

And Gaylord's spittin' image had its day

Talkin' Baseball

The Giants by the Bay

Talkin Baseball in San

Francisco

It's been a lot of years

Pitchin', catchin', and hittin' pretty

That's how the Giants won the city

Spending summer seasons in the sun

Playin' hit and run

Yeah the Giants have

tradition

Position by position

And baseball is a day game after all

New names join the team

To start another dream

They'll give us the thrills with Barry and Hill

So let's play ball

I'm Talkin' Baseball

There's Dunston and Bacardi

Giants baseball

Matt Williams home run party

Carreon and Thompson sure can play

There's Fernandez and Beck to save the day

Talkin' Baseball

The Giants by the Bay

Talkin' Baseball

The Giants by the Bay

Talkin' Baseball

Say Hey, Say Hey, Say Hey

Giants baseball

Baseball by the Bay

San Francisco

Giants by the Bay

Talkin' Baseball, baseball, baseball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising results so far as the Giants have gotten past the Rangers starting pitching and done a lot of damage to their bullpen. Things will change up now that the series will head down to Texas. The Rangers bats have been too good throughout the post season to go quietly. Even though the Giants left NYC before I was born I am still rooting for them as my father in law was a member of the "Knothole Gang." Giants in Six.

I know what you are feeling, just like I felt in 2005 following my beloved White Sox. Enjoy it while you can next year comes too soon. The Giants are coming together and peaking at the perfect time. They look unbeatable at the present time. Good luck hope for you they continue their great play.

Thank you for those replies. I had the esteemed forum member Clipped & Shorn over last night to watch the game (and listen to KNBR radio synced-up to the tv) over tacos. It was fun teaching him a bit about baseball. The game inspired some interesting (if slightly oddball) discussions. Love it!

As a long time Giants fan, I remember watching games at Seals Stadium with my Mom, I'm overjoyed.

I must control my thoughts as well. You're not the only one that feels that way.

Go Giants.

jerol

p,s, My brother lives somewhere in Rohnert Park.

YES, as a long time Giants fan, i'm watching it all very closely...and lovin it. Matt Cain is on a roll. My only complaint is that posey and burrell need to start using the bat instead of resting it on their shoulders. The very first year that i played organized ball, this "mean" coach tore us to pieces if we struck out looking. "if it was close enough to call, it was close enough to swing at." granted i know that there is more educated guessing involved in hitting (knowing what the pitcher is most likely to throw next); but, still (especially burrell) needs to step it up. Love freddie sanchez and am so happy to see him in the groove.

Yes... but so far it has been painful... Don't count the Ranger's out yet...

Never would. You can't get to the World Series without being a really good team. Best in the league, really!

You know, it's pretty cool that Bengie Molina gets a WS ring no matter which team wins (he started the year as a Giant).

The World Series is a different series than the divisional or league contests. There, the losing team goes home. In the WS, when it's all over, both teams go home. It's a significant difference when you think about it. There's "no tomorrow" for either team (but tomorrow is a lot more pleasant for the winners...)

Yes... but so far it has been painful... Don't count the Ranger's out yet...

Never would. You can't get to the World Series without being a really good team. Best in the league, really!

You know, it's pretty cool that Bengie Molina gets a WS ring no matter which team wins (he started the year as a Giant).

The World Series is a different series than the divisional or league contests. There, the losing team goes home. In the WS, when it's all over, both teams go home. It's a significant difference when you think about it. There's "no tomorrow" for either team (but tomorrow is a lot more pleasant for the winners...)

Molina is pretty unique... I thought Joe Buck was pretty tough on him, during game one, when he keep remarking that "... he can't run." He said this several times. It may be true, but come'on... give him a break....

Watchin' and Lovin' it Gregg! Goin' to a Game 3 party in a couple hours.

As you know, I am a diehard Niner fan. So, it should come as no suprise when I say thank God for the Giants.

Hopefully Sanchez can redeem himself on the mound tonight.

GOOOO GIANTS!