Super Score

Me Loves Khorns

So, I have always read about people finding amazing things at yardsales, etc.

Finally, I lucked out. On CL here in Waco, a guy was selling absolute mint Quartets for only 175!

Called and went to get them. And, they were nearly perfect. Poor guy, his wife had him get a JVC all in one system thing with very small speakers. Because these were to big.

And funny thing is, I was like, well these are not that big to me! Nothing like Jub's, Khorns, LaScallas to make some Quartets look small!

So, I am interested to see how they sound compared to the Forte II's I have been listening to in my 2 channel room now.

Paul

Definately a good price. I had a set that I bought from a kid that literally needed to pay the rent: $225. I used them happily for over a year, refreshed the BLO finish, and sold them for $400 to a guy that was thrilled to pay that price.

The market was stronger then, of course, but Quarts for under $200 qualifies as a deal.

So, I have always read about people finding amazing things at yardsales, etc.

Finally, I lucked out. On CL here in Waco, a guy was selling absolute mint Quartets for only 175!

Called and went to get them. And, they were nearly perfect. Poor guy, his wife had him get a JVC all in one system thing with very small speakers. Because these were to big.

And funny thing is, I was like, well these are not that big to me! Nothing like Jub's, Khorns, LaScallas to make some Quartets look small!

So, I am interested to see how they sound compared to the Forte II's I have been listening to in my 2 channel room now.

Paul

Congratulations Paul, that is a Super Score! [Y] I've heard great things about the Quartets!

Keep us posted on how you like them!

Dennie

jtn.

I certainly do not want to hijack Paul's thread, as I should have thought of that before I posted above (Sorry Paul and congrats on the GREAT deal you got....!).

I will start a new Smurf Scala thread over the weekend. They have an interesting history and maybe someone can fill in some blanks. I have to drive to Cape Cod this weekend so it will be late Subday before I return.

Thanks,

W. C.

I did see a smurfs record at Goodwill a few weeks back. Why o why didn't I get it? Then I could have actively participated in this thread.... Last time I went, it was gone along with the other kids records, I'm surprised people buy these. Oh yeah, Congrats on the score!

jtn,

Love your Avatar..........

I am the proud owner of the four SmurfSaclas.....!

Can't possibly be another set...........can there be...?

The set in my avatar was in the Northwest Suburbs of Boston IIRC. I was under the impression they went to New Hampshire where they await restoration.

These really have been my first no freaking way kind of a deal. I have gotten many good and fair deals on stuff. But this is my first for wow!

The poor guy was being made to sell them in favor of this bookshelf JVC system that was 'cuter and didn't stick out so much"

I did laugh and wonder what his wife would think of my main room with Jubs up front and Khorns in back!

Paul