Juicy music Pcats

davis419b

As I told Don early on, I did the heat sink repair myself, and everything went fine! Be extremely mindful of where the drilling debris goes! You don't want it floating about the inside of the chassis. Mark, did you mean cobalt bits? That's what I used.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I told Don early on, I did the heat sink repair myself, and everything went fine! Be extremely mindful of where the drilling debris goes! You don't want it floating about the inside of the chassis. Mark, did you mean cobalt bits? That's what I used.

o didnt' know it was a kit form>>>> tha explanes buyers fixig problemos in orig designe . . . . . . . maybe maybe not sense even kit should have bin tested before sales ::::::::::::: so oftten today its' take the $ and run for the hills not my problem man

Beg too diffure------------

NOTE: Unfortunately, I can NOT myself do this mod to any pCATS any longer because I am unable to handle these heavy amps due to my arthritis. The hardest part of this mod is drilling through the stainless steel chassis. It requires carbide tipped drills. The rest is Tech 101 stuff. It requires the purchase of one special heatsink from Mouser.com (around $5).

o didnt' know it was a kit form>>>> tha explanes buyers fixig problemos in orig designe . . . . . . . maybe maybe not sense even kit should have bin tested before sales ::::::::::::: so oftten today its' take the $ and run for the hills not my problem man

SSnyder, You are an absolute idiot and dont know what you are talking about ! I love these Pcats very, very, very much and the only way I would chase Mark into the hills is if he had a set of Pcats under his arm and they were for sale! Now tell me how much money it would take to get you to run for the hills where there are no computers and I will see what I can do.

At this point I dont get to listen to them for much over an hour at a time and havent had the problem again. They are so beautiful and new to me that I cant force myself to drill holes in the base just yet. I am simply going to remove the bottom covers for now as some others have done and I believe that will solve the issue. Down the road when the newness wears off I will do the permanent mod.

SSnyder, You are an absolute idiot and dont know what you are talking about ! I love these Pcats very, very, very much and the only way I would chase Mark into the hills is if he had a set of Pcats under his arm and they were for sale! Now tell me how much money it would take to get you to run for the hills where there are no computers and I will see what I can do.

Maybe butt Im' am not the one whom out thoussands am I[:^)]

Maybe butt Im' am not the one whom out thoussands am IHuh?

Again it seems as though you dont know what you are talking about. It looks like the only gear you have is a computer with a key mouth !

I unplugged the JFL2A3s and plugged-up the PCats after taking off the base of one that has kept them mostly quiet for almost three years. Mark offered to do the mod for me in 2008, but I didn't want to hassle with boxing and sending them. I had no idea the fix could be as simple as getting some air under it. I've listened to them a few times for 10 min. then gone back to the 2A3s after one PCat quit. Tonight, two and a half hours later, It's still playing.

GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

SSH

I unplugged the JFL2A3s and plugged-up the PCats after taking off the base of one that has kept them mostly quiet for almost three years. Mark offered to do the mod for me in 2008, but I didn't want to hassle with boxing and sending them. I had no idea the fix could be as simple as getting some air under it. I've listened to them a few times for 10 min. then gone back to the 2A3s after one PCat quit. Tonight, two and a half hours later, It's still playing.

GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

SSH

You know it is very odd but I have had very small issues with 3 different sets of monoblocks and it has always been the left amp that went down