Well look what just showed up 3-5 weeks early!

ryanc

WOW those look fantastic, welcome to the best thing to come from my state! What ya gonna use to run em?

My state too, I just don't live there at the moment :)

So, what am I using the power them and what are my initial thoughts? I'm going to combine this thread with another one that I started before I received the H3s.

I ended up going over to Hawthorne Stereo and picking up that NAD C320BEE. While I was there, I also picked up a Rotel RCD-951 CD transport. The fella I spoke with also confirmed that the C320BEE would act as a fine pre-amp once I finish my tube amp.

So, first impression? WOW. Knowing that things will only get better with time as they break in, I can't begin to explain how happy I am. Even local FM radio has a richness and liveliness that is immediately noticeable. My other surround system (RB-61 Mk. IIs pushed by Denon) sounds great, but this is a whole other level. Playing CDs with the RCD-951 is an experience, not to mention the things I'm hearing out of my vinyl now. I'm now spending every hour not at work or asleep going back through and rediscovering everything I own.

There seems to be a general consensus that the Heritage spearkers are a bit bass-shy, but I can only suppose that I got lucky with my room and placement (new-to-me home, late 70s all wood construction, wood floors). I have thrown several recordings at the H3s that I know have some really low frequencies in them and they have handled them all very well. I don't realistically see myself getting a subwoofer for this setup.

That is it for now. I'll report back once I have a few weeks on them. Thanks everyone for their recommendations and comments.

Congrats! Beautiful. We talk about the longevity of the Heritage line all day around here. But I still get that WOW moment when I see a new purchase of something that looks just as it did for all these years. From the beginning of manufacture to the end of the lifespan of yours will run into a century or more! Amazing!