I'm planning on coming if in Indy but the 25th is out but may be able to sneek down for Friday afternoon festivities. Maybe Sunday early afternoon if anyone is still around if I'm not too pooped to stand upright.

So how about both Hope and Indy? The 10th in Hope as Amy won't be able to make Hope on the 25th and the 25th in Indy as Amy won't be able to make the 10th.

My funding probably won't allow Hope but the weekend of the 10th should be doable. But it just wouldn't seem right without Amy there.... but then that would leave Party Master Trey in charge.... hmmmmmmm [:D] ..... but then we might really have to behave. [:o]

There would be the same kind of demos in either place. Less demo in hope but with a plant tour. More demos in indy.

Trey, do you know yet which of the following Indy possibilities that you posted elsewhere are likely to be in Hope?

P-38 7.1 HT system demo

RF-7 II 2 ch demo

New 2.1 system demo (can't say so don't ask) Not for the PC

New 7.1 HT system demo (can't say so don't ask)

Other KGI product demos

Tour of HQ

Meet for closed door showing of movie / live music / some type of class

Thanks -- I'm still thinking about how to vote. Any Heritage in either place?

-- Larry

Would an A-B-C listening comparison between top-of-the-line Palladiums, current K-horns, and Jubs ever be possible or likely (anywhere -- even in a co-operative retail store)? My prediction is that we would gain something and lose something in each paired comparison, but how would I know, since I've only heard one of the three[:)]. That sort of demo would help any Lottery winners decide on what to buy.

• Klipsch Employees

With just 2 rooms in Hope the demo would be limited.

By that time we hope to have some "new" product coming from hope. So I can't say what you will see.

It will be of top notch and you will be happy to play the classics on the system.

BTW: I now listen to classical every day. I am finding that I like some more than others...I still can't say half the names of some of those guys.

• Like 1

I personally voted for Indy as it is much more easier for me to get there, especially after that fiasco that I went through last year trying to get to Hope. [st][ap][:@]

If it goes to Hope, mybe I can fly to something like Chicago, Dallas or Detriot (where I can get direct flights to) and then road-trip it with somebody.

BTW: I now listen to classical every day.

Holy crap!

Er, I mean congratulations!

I've always felt that classical listening would be very helpful to people who design and voice hi-fi.

OK, folks ... anyone know who this 19th-century guy is? The century of very dull, anonymous, fully-bearded men? What do you think his facial expression tells us? (His name is pronounced just like it's spelled.)

hector-berlioz.jpg

(Alternating location every year seems like a good solution)

Well, that was the original plan, which is why I initially announced Indy, but Trey is a pest.

Wink

No wonder we like him so well around these parts......

So being a pest ... I kind of like the idea of having a Pilgrimage in both Hope and Indy.

The Klipsch Music Festival could become an annual event in conjunction with the Hope Pilgrimage. With the ability to plan may be able to get more volunteers to assis. It sounds like the bands are willling and if annual maybe it would grow to be a bigger fundraising event and would give Hope confidence that Klipsch is planning to keep the plant open and create more civic pride. Of course this will take more of Trey's or somebody else's time. Would also bolster confidence in the new ownership that they not only preserve the Klipsch legacy and build on it.

So if that's not possible or feasible - having a Hope and Indy Pilgrimage in one year probably is about twice the effort. Maybe more for the Hope Pilgrimage if putting on a music festival alternate sites and make the Kliplsch Hope Music Festival a bi-annual event. I mean music is what this is all about isn't it?

And then people can plan.

I'm all for Father's Day weekend in Indy and why that works for me it really wouldn't be nice for the Klipsch employees who may wish to see their father or spend time with their children who might not be at all interested in the Pilgrimage as they volunteer a lot of their time and effort to make this exciting and fun. .

OK, folks ... anyone know who this 19th-century guy is? The century of very dull, anonymous, fully-bearded men? What do you think his facial expression tells us? (His name is pronounced just like it's spelled.)

hector-berlioz.jpg

The picture looks familiar like I've seen it before but no clue who it is. I hope you'll tell us.

Hector Berlioz?

I personally voted for Indy as it is much more easier for me to get there, especially after that fiasco that I went through last year trying to get to Hope. StormTravelAngry

If it goes to Hope, mybe I can fly to something like Chicago, Dallas or Detriot (where I can get direct flights to) and then road-trip it with somebody.

Hey man, you're always welcome to crash at my pad (just 30min from O'Hare).

Btw, I didn't vote because I'll do both.

I have never attended a pilgrimage. Hope is my vote. My sister in law lives in Arkiadelphia, my wife would like that..... Also, seeing a set of JUB's might help my wife approve a semi retirement toy (increase sales for the new owners). Meeting Amy would be neat to see if she is as nice/tolerant as she seems online.

...I've always felt that classical listening would be very helpful to people who design and voice hi-fi...

Yes, indeed. IMO, most fairly good speakers can handle Jazz and Pop, but a full symphony orchestra is hard to get right, particularly massed strings.

...I've always felt that classical listening would be very helpful to people who design and voice hi-fi...

Yes, indeed. IMO, most fairly good speakers can handle Jazz and Pop, but a full symphony orchestra is hard to get right, particularly massed strings.

With just 2 rooms in Hope the demo would be limited.

By that time we hope to have some "new" product coming from hope. So I can't say what you will see.

It will be of top notch and you will be happy to play the classics on the system.

BTW: I now listen to classical every day. I am finding that I like some more than others...I still can't say half the names of some of those guys.

I stayed at the Motel 6 (or was it a Days Inn?) in Hope for the last Pilgrimage. It's a former Holiday Inn in all it's '60s Mid-Century Modern glory... and pretty well kept. I noticed they have two banquet rooms, and that the Hope Rotary and Kiwanas met there. Be a perfect place for Pilgrimage HQ, with demos (and I bet it's FREE if enough rooms are booked).