How does it feel to be a Klipcsh fanatic?

JetSnake

I'm thinking it's pretty damn great! Depth, clarity, detail and the ability to make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Even though they're not in the reference line, you still can't lift your nose at the KG5.5's. I have mine teamed up with a Denon AVR3808 with the Audyssey EQ set-up and a Klipsch RSW10D for a sub, I've also upgraded to the titanium diaphragms. Just lost in the moment while rock'n the Black Eyed Peas album. Now I just need a room that doesn't resonate:)

Nothing like the feeling that you have zero need for "speaker envy" or to read reviews of new loudspeakers. One you have K'horns (or Jubs, ya freaks) you're done.

Dave

Point very well take and I could not agree more. However, I still have this "turntable envy" that strikes on occasion...

Point very well take and I could not agree more. However, I still have this "turntable envy" that strikes on occasion...

Yes, sir. TT and cartridge envy are ongoing. No PWK in either area to date and everyone's milage varies. Love my VPI Scout but keep looking at cartridges...

Good to have at least one thing to keep the juices flowing.

Dave

• Moderators

Nothing like the feeling that you have zero need for "speaker envy" or to read reviews of new loudspeakers. One you have K'horns (or Jubs, ya freaks) you're done.

Dave

After reading this again your exactly right, I never realized it, it's been a long time since I even thought about other speakers. [Y] Except for good looking speakers, like the new LaScala, well they are pretty with the thicker wood.

Maybe I don't understand the "speaker envy" comment, but that is something I have for sure! Many hours on product web pages. I just can't listen to the speakers I didn't buy yet, so for now, I play what I have:)

No need for "speaker envy" at all. You seem to be thoroughly enjoying what you're listening to and that's what matters. I enjoy looking at other systems and speakers, heck, some day I might own a set of Jub's, but if I don't, I love the set ups I listen to now.

• Moderators

So are the Khorns the set to aim for? I wonder what the differance is between those and the RF-7's?

You would have to hear it for yourself, there are many differences, it would be hard to really explain it and give you a clear picture. You may not like it ?

So are the Khorns the set to aim for? I wonder what the differance is between those and the RF-7's?

You would have to hear it for yourself, there are many differences, it would be hard to really explain it and give you a clear picture. You may not like it ?

I agree with dtel, every klipschorn I heard sounded a bit different to me (I heard now atleast 12) but I think it has to do with the room shape due to the horn. The Jubilee is more standard of a sound room to room. I think you should aim for the WMW ha!

It feels great on the ears, but can hurt the wallet a bit. ANd the girlfriend does not always like the amount spent on speakers. And she likes it even less when I "play stereo" and she comes to complain about the money and time I spend on it. She loves to listen, but thinks I do a little overkill. She hates it when she complains and i just turn it up ;)