Tapped Horn Sub-woofer Build- SPUD

Brac

Ordered the fan. You guys say not to reverse the airflow, any thoughts on removing the filter, since it's kinda useless?

Doesn't make sense to me either, but it was designed that way, so I'd leave it that way. The filter, although useless as something to clean air, may still knock down a little of the noise from the fan. I left mine in place.

• Moderators

Forgot to mention, it kinda shakes the house.......

Must have missed this, your right it can, which is hard to believe from two small drivers. You did very well with the build , well done. [Y]

• 1 month later...

It's a boring Sunday morning, so I've been playing with Hornresp. I found a model for the SPUD here, and experimented with different drivers. I only have info for a handful of 8" drivers, and I found that the SPUD response was really pretty poor with all of them. But when I tried 10" drivers, I found that the flattest SPUD response comes from the Klipsch K41! The Electro Voice EVM10m and DL10x are close behind. (Note that my model assumes a 1W input.)

Unfortunately the SPUD is only 9.56" wide on the inside. Also, the K41, EVM10m, and DL10x are likely to be severely excursion-limited. But within their limits the appear to perform very well.

Greg

post-22723-13819661771694_thumb.png

• 3 years later...

Sancho, what are you up to? You have revived two threads for horn loaded subwoofers. I just ordered a couple woofers to build a couple of the Anarchy Tapped Horn subs earlier today. Must be something in the air. Just finishing up a rebuild on a pair of old Heresey's to clear the deck for the sub builds.

post-60988-0-87620000-1437524924_thumb.j

• Like 1