Baseball Fans here?

chisoxpurdue

I just want to recommend a site to any baseball fans. It is Fangraphs. It has a fee for the year, but I love there deep analysis of Baseball and sabermetrics.

For my normal baseball news, I recommend Hardball Talk from NBC Sports to go with SI and ESPN coverage.

FOr those with google applications, google reader is a great place for setting up news. I get my news baseball news from NBC, ESPN and SI. I use the reader to see all of the headlines and such. I just wanted to recommend the HardballTalk from NBC. They do some initial news and spin on that news.

Oh I forgot the real reason I decided to recommend these sites. The Fangraphs site I like because most of the article authors look at the comments and respond. And even when they are heavily criticized, they usually respond calmly and actually address the flaws that people point out. They handle things very calmly.

The reason i like this site so much, is from the posts and thread I have been following, people do not attack one another and all try to be helpful. People share what they can, and do not always agree but it is all done in a civil way (except for one thread I was on). It seems a lot calmer than some of the older threads I have found using search when I have questions.

Thanks for the heads up on the baseball site... we do have quite a few fans here of our nation's pastime.

You are right about this fourm. The folks that participate here, on a regular basis, are a "top notch" group and welcome the opportunity to discuss issues, hi-fi gear, listening trends, etc... in a very civil manner. Every now and then there is some humor that abounds, however it is most always very good natured and not intended to be offensive. Please visit the RTM thread. We keep vinyl spinning, most of the time....

It seems a lot calmer than some of the older threads I have found using search when I have questions.

That was before they started handing out drugs to the troublemakers. Great way to restore calm and order.

BTW, I'm a huge Giants fan. Been so all my life.

Well you can't win when you can't hit (20 consecutive scoreless innings). First our bullpen and defense kill us. Now we can't hit. It is disappointing. I have never liked watching Dunn type hitters with their three true outcomes (walk, strikeout and homerun). BUt we have to do something.

Add me to the list of Mets fans... I am a lifelong fan and it is sad to see the way things have gone for them the last few years. No matter, I will always remain loyal to them...

The Mets are as bad as the state they play in, New Jersey (er, cough, cough, Long Island). There's only one New York City baseball team.

post-14801-13819640618704_thumb.jpg