Look what arrived in the mail today!

Kritzer

I'm very excited to give these puppies a full listen! Currently I'm only using my Onkyo to power these...so I may be in the market for a Amplifier, I see Emotiva has a nice lineup for an even nicer price.

I know exactly how you feel when I got mine!

Posted Image

I'm very excited to give these puppies a full listen! Currently I'm only using my Onkyo to power these...so I may be in the market for a Amplifier, I see Emotiva has a nice lineup for an even nicer price.

I know exactly how you feel when I got mine!

DSC03382.jpg

Thank you everyone, I can't really make much comments right now because I just set them up, but once I run through a few films and hours of music I will comment. So far they seem "Very" nice and have a "Huge" presence both physically and musically. Nezff, I really like your setup, it commands respect and looks very impressive. How do you find the Emotiva XPA amp to work with you 63's?

Matt,

You might just find yourself obsessively caressing and wiping them several times a day.[:)] Just a dry soft cotton teeshirt will do the trick.

Now I see the real reason for the questions about the NAD amps. Congratulations on your new beautiful babies.

Your Onkyo 807 will do just fine for now.

Where are you located?

Bill

holy carp, 63s. I think they should keep making the 63 and 83 line with the 7ii. You went from 82s to 63s right? A big step up i would think. Plus you already have the 64. You are set! I am always astounding with the depth of the 3's. Enjoy i bet the next few weeks are going to some happy ones.

I find the XPA 5 to just wonders compared to the Onkyo 876 avr I had.

I couldn’t be happier with the xpa-5 huge improvement over my avr amp. If you run just 5 speakers like I do avr can still be decent. I’ve have heard though when you go 7.1 the drain on the avr is really bad. So if you run 7.1 I would say it’s a must (separate amp) emotiva is probably the best dollar value of anything I’ve ever run across not just amps. But I would wait tell New Year’s they have great sales then think I paid 707 total to my door. Unless they have a sale before then keep an eye out. Also you can find them used on audiogon.com but they sell super-fast and for almost same price as new

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7ll5Q8NNYhoADW1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1MGd0MHI5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyM18xNTU-/SIG=11c13rsj7/EXP=1304664025/**http%3a//www.audiogon.com/

I find the XPA 5 to just wonders compared to the Onkyo 876 avr I had.

I couldn’t be happier with the xpa-5 huge improvement over my avr amp. If you run just 5 speakers like I do avr can still be decent. I’ve have heard though when you go 7.1 the drain on the avr is really bad. So if you run 7.1 I would say it’s a must (separate amp) emotiva is probably the best dollar value of anything I’ve ever run across not just amps. But I would wait tell New Year’s they have great sales then think I paid 707 total to my door. Unless they have a sale before then keep an eye out. Also you can find them used on audiogon.com but they sell super-fast and for almost same price as new

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7ll5Q8NNYhoADW1XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1MGd0MHI5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDAyM18xNTU-/SIG=11c13rsj7/EXP=1304664025/**http%3a//www.audiogon.com/

got my xpa 5 for 699 shipped.

they are difficult to find new since it's a discontinued model. you're best bet is audiogon or videogon.

onecall.com has 1 in stock in black. you'd just have two find speaker number two elsewhere :) the website says $795 but if you call they will go down to atleast $600 just to get rid of it.

http://www.onecall.com/product/Klipsch/RF-63-Black-Each-Open-Box/Speaker/_/R-104105

Thank you everyone! Well, I had a fun-filled day of listening to various music and watching a couple of movies. The biggest difference between the 63's and the 82's in my mind is the presence. A much bigger speaker musically that sounds silky smooth and can go ridiculously loud! While listening in stereo, the bass is fluid and more "piercing. I say this because the 82's went just as deep with the bass, but lacked that "punch" the 63 drivers provide.

Overall I am very satisfied, and I am happy I snagged the last pair a Canadian retailer had. I do feel my Onkyo powers them wonderfully in 2channel, but when switched to multi channel, I can feel a drop in overall power, and must account for this by increasing the volume. I will be in the market for a used / new amplifier, and Bill I am located in the Helena, Montana area.

-Matt