End of the world results

Guest " "

Back in the late 70’s my brother used to work for Sight-and-Sound (a local stereo shop). Mr. & Mrs. Biddle (the owners) would leave notes in the employee’s paycheck envelopes asking them to join their church and other such things.

Then Mr. & Mrs. Biddle believed the world was going to end very soon (within days) and was telling all the employees good-bye and such. Then one of the sales people said “Well, if the world is ending, I guess you won’t mind me taking the cash register and everything in it…”

The Biddle’s weren’t amused…LOL!!

This whole end of the world (EOTW) thing is funny and provided me with an insight into the myriad examples of "pragmatic" behavior in teenagers....

My extremely bright, very independent college student daughter called last night; not unusual, but just wanted to say that she was sorry for being a "dork" and upsetting "Daddy" all the time (that's what teenager kids live for, I'm convinced...). That of course was unusual because the "usual" call is to inform her "easy touch" mother that's she's coming back from school in Orlando and wants money, food, wash her clothes, etc. (in no particular order). So... This opening conversation being unusual.... Mommy asks, "Pray tell? Why the general apology to Daddy? Have you done something? Is everything all ok?", etc. She tells Mommy that while she does not believe the end is nigh, she did not want to take any chances....... [:D]

My son.... a true representative of the new "Y" generation (as in everything he's asked to do is usually prefaced with a "wh(Y)"....) had no interest in the whole EOTW. His only comment on the situation was a sarcastic "Great! Guess no homework for next week!!!".

Gotta love them.

[H]

" She tells Mommy that while she does not believe the end is nigh, she did
not want to take any chances..."

Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed
by the French philosopher, mathematician,
and physicist
Blaise Pascal that even if the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a
rational person should wager as though God exists, because living life
accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. Pascal
formulated his suggestion uniquely on the God of Jesus Christ as implied by the greater context
of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of
notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise
on Christian apologetics.

Myself and singer for band I worked with Sat night were both hoarse from cold/pollen and were conversing in our 'Wavy Gravy' voices before the show. Started talking about this whole 'end of the world' thing and I mentioned that 'We must be in Heaven, man', which he used as intro to a song later that night. Made for a great theme on a perfect Indiana night under the stars playing music.

Started talking about this whole 'end of the world' thing and I mentioned that 'We must be in Heaven, man', which he used as intro to a song later that night. Made for a great theme on a perfect Indiana night under the stars playing music.

Sounds like a great evening! Thanks for sharing, mang. [Y]