It's a farce! Scotty wins idol.

I can't stand what passes for entertainment on TV anymore. I've got records to listen to.

M

my 60s-70s classic rock never goes out of style...i think it's magic. in fact, i've just had a resurgence of love for CCR's Have You Ever Seen the Rain--what a simple; but, fantastic song. Give it another listen if you haven't heard it lately.

I actually watched 'Idol' this season. I liked Casey, the jazz/blues artist and musician. After he was eliminated (twice) I switched over to Haley, also a jazz/blues artist who also happens to be a hottie. After she was eliminated as the 3rd one left, I didn't much care which of "the kids" (Lauren and Scotty) won as they were about dead even in talent and not as good as those already eliminated IMHO. -Glenn

post-10177-13819656621386_thumb.jpg

i liked casey and james. guess that was their downfall--i rarely pick the winner. what i really could do without is some of those "stars" that they're including in the shows. I just don't get some of it, all these dancers and performers not playing an instrument.

James, Casey and Haley all had more talent in there pinky toe than did Scotty! For the first time ever I was compelled to vote and James got my vote. And "Judges" _ they never judged any performance and barely offered and criticism! At least when Simon was onboard he would tell them when someone stunk. Let the viewers vote and let the JUDGES weigh in on the winner!

Like the outcome or not there are some kids with talent that now have a shot to do something with their passion. Most of these kids would have never even gotten a shot without this show, despite the judges overall being lame and not giving good productive criticism, except when it came to Haley and then it was usually just giving her the cold shoulder for some unknown reason. I never understood why none of the judges or mentors told her to do some Bonnie Rait, that girl would have killed it. The real talent will rise as it has in the past if, like in the show, they choose the right material.

My 13 y.o. daughter voted 23 times for him

Sounds like the current political elections to me; what happened to 'one person, one vote'? Although it is TV and JUNK it's just WRONG.

Not too many weeks ago my wife and kids went to a local Idol 'audition/contest'. They were presented with the fact that it cost $5 to enter and your received 5 votes for that; and for every dollar you paid over that you got an additional vote. So I could walk in with a $100 bill and vote for the same person 100 times. I'll leave it up to you to decide if that's the way it should be.

There may have been some ACORN voters in the audience. [6]