Pilgrimage pictures!

I would have loved to hear them. I have been invited to Cask05,s house to listen to his but am afraid to do it.

Naw...no need to be afraid...[A]

Sorry that I didn't make it to Hope this weekend--I had intended to do so but work interfered. I bet it was fun even though the Jubs weren't fired up there.

I did get a box of Auralex Sonofiber panels (actually--2' x 2' x 1" squares) this weekend that I spread liberally around the front of my listening room to kill early reflections off the brickwork, Belle, mantle, and side walls. Soundstage depth is mucho grande now, as is the centering of the soundstage image between the K-402s. [8-|]

Chris [6]

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Some people at the concert, as the heat let up more people came out. At first everyone was in the shade Trey had set up with about a 10 big fans and misters, it made a big difference. But as it got a little later a storm North of Hope provided cool air and a very stiff breeze but no rain. [Y]

post-11804-13819657209756_thumb.jpg

Later today I'll try to post some pictures I took. However, they are only of the Fair Park venue.

Lee, I tuned into the Music Festival long enough to hear your name announced as a winner! I think of ear buds? I would have liked to visit with you guys.

• Moderators

These are much easier to move around.

I have to say I was a little worried when I first seen these on stage and looking at the size of the Fair Park. [:o]

My mistake, I should have known better, it was more than enough. They are "about" the size of forty-chorus but feel heaver.

Trey said Roy Delgado designed them, there for commercial installations and they can be flown. If I remember correctly he said one of the places there going to be used Is Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, and with the way they sound I would guess plenty more places.

post-11804-13819657231376_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I would have liked to visit with you guys.

That would have been nice, how am I going to get by having met you and Mrs Fini and the two finnettes only once, it's just not right.

• Moderators

How sad, it sounds like the Farmhouse was a bust this year. What a shame. -Glenn

Some people who said they would bring speakers either never came or didn't bring them ?

Really Trey only rented the farmhouse as a place for people to get together Friday night, nothing else was going to be there, just some place other than the hotel.

I have to say late that night as I was leaving you could hear the song Comfortably Numb filling the whole area around the farmhouse. I had never heard Cornwall's outside before, it was very quiet at night out there and sounded really good. I am not sure but I think it was Seadog's electronics powering them ?

Dynaco MK IIIs

They did sound very good, with plenty of power. I loved rocking outside with the Corns! Some of us just wanted to share some other equipment, like we did last year, and counted (unfortunately) on others to bring speakers.

SSH

I really enjoyed the farmhouse, and want to again thank David ( Seadog ) and his brother for providing a great sounding system. The Cornwalls with a Corn center really sounded fantastic. The weather was great Friday night, not hot at all. Great the guys from Chicago made it too! And I finally got my "60 Cornwall from Gilbert (thanks again Don) and picked up last years stuff from Hunters office! Everything but the Model T shorthorn, which may be one of a kind. Hunter is going to study it more. If it is, I will donate it to the museum.

Kevin

When I arrived with my brother (Audiodad) we set up our gear outside, thinking that another forum member was going to bring Belles to set up inside the farmhouse main room with SSH's JFL 2A3 monoblocks. Unfortunately, the Belles did not arrive.