Klipsch WILL NOT POST NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!

sosations

My review on the inferior build quality of the Heritage line (H iii) and that they are not what they used to be, i.e. MDF and cheap veneers

While I do like the 3/4 birch plywood of my birch raw Heresys, my walnut oil Heresy II's are still built pretty well with the MDF. One suggestion would be for Klipsch to apply a thicker sheet of veneer to them to give a larger margin of error in case of damage/gouge to the cabinet. Repairing MDF can be very difficult. A thicker veneer would allow more room to sand and therefore an easier repair job.

Maybe Klipsch can offer a "new" limited edition Classic Heritage line built with birch plywood at a reasonable premium over the current Heritage line. Maybe all be preordered with a deposit before construction. Have a set number of each to be produced and the first in with their deposit are the lucky ones. Once all deposits are in, construction begins. Just a thought.

Bill

When I visited the factory in 1985, they were using the same lumber as the Khorn for all Heritage products, and, maybe even the KG series, can't recall tha part.

It was SOLID poplar core with veneer, not plywood. Plywood was used for the Khorn internal structure (the face and top was poplar/veneer), and the LaScala. Cornwalls and Heresy's were also made of Poplar/Veneer, except for all of the Birch plywood models, of cours.

If the veneered speakers got a blemish from handling (or lumber defect from the vendor), they were painted with black lacquer. So when you buy a black lacquer Heritage model from the 80's, you can strip the black lacquer and end up with a nice veneer, if you so choose (Walnut and Oak being the most popular.

My favorite Khorn of all time was Zebra Wood, with Ebony and Rosewood being a close second and third.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a purely acoustical standpoint ai think the low resonance of MDF would be better - less panel flex and ringing.

But yeah, if you drop a clothes iron on them you might leave a begger blemisth than if they were voide free Baltic Birch. But if void free Baltic Birch was that much better acoustically Klipsch would use it. And they Heresy III would probalby cost more.

It's been said before, but even Wilson Audio uses MDF, and their speakers cost more than a Corvette.

I have been trying to post a 2 star rating on the Heresy iii's now for a week and a half, and Klipsch will not allow the post

Einstein

I promise,.......... as soon as "they don't fall apart" I will "man up" (as this forum is the true measure of manhood, at least yours) and send all of you crybabies a big sloppy sorry..............................

Seeing as the beginning of your rant was that they would not post your review....and your review is in fact posted.... I'm curious as to where your mea culpa is?

Although I've read what I feel to be every post to this point, I don't recall having read any form of retraction nor apology to the company.

Perhaps it's time for you to take your first step of manning up, make an apology to the company and then exhale.... you will then find out that you are among more like minded people than not (insofar as their appreciation for Klipsch is concerned, we won't get into what the sheep in Montana think [^o)])

Once you do that you might relax a bit and then some of those Jubilee loving fools can start to blather their diatribe on you!

[:#]

Seeing as the beginning of your rant was that they would not post your review....and your review is in fact posted.... I'm curious as to where your mea culpa is?

Zip it!

fue por pendejo, no por el culpa.

Zip it!

Si prega di perdonare perché non sa quello che ha fatto.

Zip it!

For our english speaking breathren......

It means he typed it because he is a moron/idiot; not because he was wrong........

Zip it!

This is not spanish, but I think it says if Sosa would apologize, all would be forgiven......

(Boxx.... hope I am, close... lol)

Zip it!

This is not spanish, but I think it says if Sosa would apologize, all would be forgiven......

lol... if anything we are having alot of fun with this and I'll drink to that...
In vino veritas est.

I think it's Italian, and he's calling sosations a fattso. But I could be wrong, there's just a slight chance.

Zip it!

lol... if anything we are having alot of fun with this and I'll drink to that...
In vino veritas est.

Boxx.... LMAO.... +1!

I think it's Italian, and he's calling sosations a fattso. But I could be wrong, there's just a slight chance.

It is Italian... but there's not Italian word for fattso, except lard a**, and I would never say that....

"Please forgive because he knows what he did."

Boxx.... I will forgive when he acknowledges it......

As mentiioned; peoples jobs and a company's rep depends on reviews........

(Not to mention how he belittled the members' relationships; prejudging without even trying. I am still VERY miffed by that. My G**; Jhoak just sent a beater KG 2.2v to Mustang for shipping only; so Mustang can reveneer and match his KG 4.2s with it for a center. That is unheard of in real life; much less a forum!).

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/150463.aspx

Hudson Valley Noah sent me a rubber insert (that holds the grill pin) for my KV-4 for free!!!!!

My point; Klipsch love does exist and this guy has no right to talk negatively about it without having "been ther and done that".

"Please forgive because he knows what he did."

Boxx.... I will forgive when he acknowledges it......

As mentiioned; peoples jobs and a company's rep depends on reviews........

(Not to mention how he belittled the members' relationships; prejudging without even trying. I am still VERY miffed by that. My G**; Jhoak just sent a beater KG 2.2v to Mustang for shipping only; so Mustang can reveneer and match his KG 4.2s with it for a center. That is unheard of in real life; much less a forum!).

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/150463.aspx

Okay I'm in... let's take the hard road.... I'm with you on this one....

Boxx, I get your sentiments...... (Yours is one of the best attributes; IMHO)

I am by nature very much the same way.... Let's get a long.

I have spent years on this forum; amd I just take offense to this guy posting and criticizing the way he did.

As I mentioned (my original Italian translation).... A SINCERE apology cures all......

I think the numerous "old timers" would take it to heart. Heck, half of them do not worry about it; but I do.......

Me.... off the soap box.........

Boxx..... when can I hear some Palladiums? ( LOL; won't be in Texas for a year.... any chance of a Palladium/ Heresy swap?)

[:D]

Boxx, I get your sentiments...... (Yours is one of the best attributes; IMHO)

I am by nature very much the same way.... Let's get a long.

I have spent years on this forum; amd I just take offense to this guy posting and criticizing the way he did.

As I mentioned (my original Italian translation).... A SINCERE apology cures all......

I think the numerous "old timers" would take it to heart. Heck, half of them do not worry about it; but I do.......

Me.... off the soap box.........

Boxx..... when can I hear some Palladiums? ( LOL; won't be in Texas for a year.... any chance of a Palladium/ Heresy swap?)

Big Smile

I'll tell you what.... let's talk tomorrow... when I have a clearer head and I'm somewhat rested... My best to all.. It has been fun...