Klipsch WILL NOT POST NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!

sosations

I have been trying to post a 2 star rating on the Heresy iii's now for a week and a half, and Klipsch will not allow the post. Suspicious, I went through the other lines looking for a single bad review and found none, (kinda unbelievable) There is one 2 star rating on the "Quintet 2122 Home Theater System" but it is more of an upsell angle than a critique.

My review on the inferior build quality of the Heritage line (H iii) and that they are not what they used to be, i.e. MDF and cheap veneers, and that Klipsch, once a GREAT NAME in sound and build is just another company cutting back on quality to improve bottom line.

Klipsch, IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE YOU ARE THE BEST, ALLOW US ALL TO REVIEW YOUR SPEAKERS, BOTH THE POSITIVE AND THE NEGATIVE!!

And BRING BACK 100% BIRCH PLYWOOD, HELL, I WOULD PAY THE EXTRA MONEY!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sosations: I understand your futility with not being able to post your honest feelings on their site. I must adit this is the first time I've heard this subject of selective posting brought up. But, I'm curious. Is it just the building materials you have issues with or their sound quality as well? I've had my Black Ash Heresy IIIs for about 4 years since they were first released and I am completely satified with them and continue to be thrilled by their performance with my EICO tube amp. I've visited the Klipsch factory in Hope, Arkansas on numerous occasions and have seen exactly how many of their speakers are constructed, including the Heresies. I could explain their reasonings behind their use of MDF over real plywood, but I don't wish to be demonstrative. Please explain. Thanks. -Glenn

If it's that big of deal to you, buy vintage ones. You don't even have to pay extra!

I can't speak for the "star" rating setup as I've never attempted to use it. However, this subject of MDF has been discussed TO DEATH on this forum over the years. Klipsch has their reasons for using MDF which you may or may not like, but no one would stop you if you came here, found a used set of Heritage to your liking, and then ask members how to help you update them to your absolute liking.

Dude finds an audio goldmine - and a Heritage Klipsch lover no less - and has to pizz all over it. You really ought to have a look around, and see what can be accomplished with time spent here. Lemme give you a hint over the head: Klipsch affords us a forum where we pretty much do to our speakers whatever we feel improves them, we say what we think here (as long as we don't personally attack - just the argument). It's very free and wide open here - so feel free to make your complaints in writing if need be - that's more beneficial to visitors here than a "star" system would be anyway.

So use the tools, don't BE a "tool", and you may well find benefit here.

Signed,

Proud owner of three Cornwall pairs and Belle Klipsch pair, all birchcore - and all AlNiCo[:)]

Ahhhhhh, this is that new thing called sarcasm!!!!

I feel bad, as I don't give you a hard time because you like DC comics and not Marvel.....

"One ring to rule them all Sam Wise" - oh, I mean Preston

Oh, and one more thing, unless you can post something worthwhile I will not be responding to your reply -

Glen, THANK YOU for your thoughtful reply. Yes, they sound is amazing, I guess I just expected more from a brand I used to love. At the end of the day it was my bad, as I should have delved deeper before I made my purchase. As far as my reasoning I guess it is that I expect to spend money on quality. For example, the Herman Miller company could make the classic Eames Lounge Chair out of cheaper material, i.e. MDF, HDF, or even Fiberglass, and to the laymen who sat in it they may never be able to tell the difference, but there is one, as they have always been made of curved, pressed plywood. Sure, it is expensive, but it is how they have always been made! i.e. quality of construction and tradition.

It seems to me that the posters on this forum are more of a fan club than they are actual enthusiast's who are gonna hold the companies feet to the fire when they see the product quality slipping.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful response -

• Moderators

For example, the Herman Miller company could make the classic Eames Lounge Chair out of cheaper material, i.e. MDF, HDF, or even Fiberglass, and to the laymen who sat in it they may never be able to tell the difference, but there is one, as they have always been made of curved, pressed plywood. Sure, it is expensive, but it is how they have always been made! i.e. quality of construction and tradition

Welcome, It sounds like you think there made of MDF to save money from your example, that's not the reason, the MDF is better for sound, like almost all subs. But if you like the plywood better that's fine, I can't say if it really makes a difference anyway ?

If you think you can't say anything negative, search some post about things like speakers made in china or the sale to Audiovox just to name a few. I have no idea about the place you tried to post a review, I only read about Klipsch here. This is where the company directs people with questions, you will get a true version of what's going on here although sometimes a few different versions of it .

One thing, you can get answers for just about anything audio here but most people have much better luck without calling others names or having an attitude automatically.

Lighten up a little, and you will get all the help you could ever want, we really don't want to see you flame out in the first week. [;)]

My review on the inferior build quality of the Heritage line (H iii) and that they are not what they used to be, i.e. MDF and cheap veneers

While I do like the 3/4 birch plywood of my birch raw Heresys, my walnut oil Heresy II's are still built pretty well with the MDF. One suggestion would be for Klipsch to apply a thicker sheet of veneer to them to give a larger margin of error in case of damage/gouge to the cabinet. Repairing MDF can be very difficult. A thicker veneer would allow more room to sand and therefore an easier repair job.

Maybe Klipsch can offer a "new" limited edition Classic Heritage line built with birch plywood at a reasonable premium over the current Heritage line. Maybe all be preordered with a deposit before construction. Have a set number of each to be produced and the first in with their deposit are the lucky ones. Once all deposits are in, construction begins. Just a thought.

Bill

It is my understanding that Klipsch made the move to High-Quality, MDF for numerous reasons, but here are several of the reasons with which I a familiar: It has become increasingly difficult to purchase high quality plywood of any type that is guaranteed to have zero voids within the ply layers. MDF has zero voids, is of consistent quality and thickness and is much more dense than plywood, which is said to improve sound and lower the cabinet’s resonance. MDF is easier to machine more precisely and its smooth edge surfaces makes it easier to join and bond more tightly using adhesives and fasteners than plywood. MDF seldom splinters and does not dull cutting tools as quickly. MDFs smooth surface provides an outstanding substrate on which to glue wood veneer. I agree that the wood veneer probably could be made a bit thicker for the reasons mentioned previously. I am not privy to any cost advantages or disadvantages to Klipsch in moving from birch plywood to MDF. But, that’s about all I can tell you about the use of MDF at Klipsch. BTW: Welcome to the forum! -Glenn

That depends on who your MDF supplier is,,,,,Also who your veneer supplier is,,,Every company has there bean counters..

i bought my first heritage H1s in 1984 and it has the same number of beans as the H2s i bought years later. I'm not noticing the cutbacks.

• Moderators

Appreciate the response, and I agree on the attitude thing, but that goes for everyone, including the Klipsch Apologists, i.e. see my response to Glenn, (A Classy Guy with a thoughtful response) compared to the other guys -

It's not a big deal, your good, you may even end up liking it here ? You will get opinions, that's for sure.

It's just like if people were standing around talking and someone came in screaming and upset, he would probably quickly get others fired up also, which is what happened. I almost jumped and said something I would have been sorry for later but, I TRY to control myself to keep my wife and the moderator, AMY from inserting there foot up my butt. [:|]

My wife has been trying to train me for 33 years, it's either working or I am just got a little calmer as I get older ?

• Moderators

I think Picky had the right reasons why they and most speaker companies use MDF, I doubt it's just price. 13 ply Birch plywood is only about $10 more a sheet 4 x 8 than MDF, and the MDF weighs alot more, the Red Oak I used to build mine was only about $5 more a sheet than the birch, all prices were retail.

Good grief, here we go again on the MDF/plywood debate...

IMHO, the components matter more than the cabinet material...

I for one happen to love the III series (own HIIIs, looking for CWIIIs)...

The titanium diaphrams are phenominal!!! [Y]

• Moderators

I for one happen to love the III series (own HIIIs, looking for CWIIIs)...

Me too, I love my CW lll's, and the Hlll sounds better than the l or ll to me, and the new LaScala with the 1' thick sides is the best looking of the lll line. imo

The heresy lll is a perfect match with the Clll, I had thought about selling the 6 forte's and adding heresy's to the CW lll for HT, but the wife will not get rid of the forte's.

• Moderators

If we could just combine that with a wire thread, along with tubes or SS and throw in a little SET talk it could go on forever. [:#]

If we could just combine that with a wire thread, along with tubes or SS and throw in a little SET talk it could go on forever. Zip it!

Thick coat hanger bare wires with 13 ply baltic birch for wire stands and a nice tube SET are just so much better than the SS wannabees that use thin bare coat hangers and MDV for wire stands, but good MDF is really close, but pity the poor losers that use not only insulated wire but plain brown insulated zip cord. 16 gauge or smaller.

And if you want the best wire stands, might I suggest www.realwoodspeakerwirestands.bs $99.99 each for MDFstand in basic black for 3", 9.99 more for each additional inch. $179.99 each for 13 ply void free Baltic Birch stand for 3" $19.99 for each additional inch in black. Ask us about special order veneers or if you deserve the very best, solid wood, selected for the precise grain patterns and orientations for optimal audio insulatiev properties. Order today and we guarantee we'll be glad you did. Sound so pure, your friends will not belive it as they can't admit it's that good.

My review on the inferior build quality of the Heritage line (H iii) and that they are not what they used to be, i.e. MDF and cheap veneers, and that Klipsch, once a GREAT NAME in sound and build is just another company cutting back on quality to improve bottom line.

So do you find that the Heresy III speakers don't sound as good as an older model that you owned previously?