Ridiculous and Real

kinda depends what people are doing with their doorknobs doesn't it?

.......well this knob will be used for opening doors.....with hands! [A]

My son is four years old and we would like a second. That's where I'm coming from. Going to look for a doorknob set made in the USA. Any ideas?

Well, there are the automatic doors like they use on Star Trek but I think they are made on Vulcan. (Please, just joking) I just installed a new doorknob from the old ACE Hardware store and didn't see any warnings. Wouldn't surprise me if they were made from old radioactive gun shells.

JJK

Thats just a CA law. Proposition 65. I manage a retail store in Colorado and have contact with some CA retailers and its a real drag for companies. They are forced to put that warning on products that contain even trace amounts of any 1 of over 850 chemicals. Stores in CA can be sued by citizens if products are not labled with the warning. Most companies selling in CA now just put it on automatically because it is next to impossible to prove that your product does not contain at least one of these chemicals.

Thats just a CA law. Proposition 65. I manage a retail store in Colorado and have contact with some CA retailers and its a real drag for companies. They are forced to put that warning on products that contain even trace amounts of any 1 of over 850 chemicals. Stores in CA can be sued by citizens if products are not labled with the warning. Most companies selling in CA now just put it on automatically because it is next to impossible to prove that your product does not contain at least one of these chemicals.

Yep.... that's what I thought......

the "State of California" seems to be THE authority on EVERYTHING these days. Isn't it nice we have one state to set all of our standards for us? Nice of them to volunteer. My TV's been telling me that I should be eating California Cheese.....WHAT?? What happened to Wisconsin? ..the cheeseheads are gonna be pissed! :o

the "State of California" seems to be THE authority on EVERYTHING these days. Isn't it nice we have one state to set all of our standards for us? Nice of them to volunteer. My TV's been telling me that I should be eating California Cheese.....WHAT?? What happened to Wisconsin? ..the cheeseheads are gonna be pissed! :o

That is because those Wisconsin cows are producing glogal warming methane in their flatulance. California remove the flatulance from the cows and it is all now expelled in the california state house by the politicians

kinda depends what people are doing with their doorknobs doesn't it?

.......well this knob will be used for opening doors.....with hands! Angel

My son is four years old and we would like a second. That's where I'm coming from. Going to look for a doorknob set made in the USA. Any ideas?

I've installed TONS of doorknobs. Are you looking for an entry set or an interior set? I've always been fond of Schlage. I hate installing those high-end designer models (with names you've never heard of) that have weird parts (and the replacement parts are unobtainable unless you order direct from Portugal).

I wouldn't buy the cheapest Schlage lockset, but you don't have to spend a fortune, either. Here's the style I'm using in my house.

schlage-accent-622.jpg

Oops, looks like this one's made in USA South (Mexico). Schlage's mortise-type locks are made in Colorado. They're used mostly in commercial applications, and are pretty expensive. Much more time-consuming to install, requiring a completely different door prep. Pretty overkill for most residential situations. Another manufacturer that uses this mortise system is Baldwin, also a good company, but the installs can be a little tricky. Baldwin also makes hinges, but watch out: The tolerance is so tight, you have to remember to keep hinge leaves mated!

schlage_mortise_lock.jpg