Hey Carl, I got my boomstick ..did you get yours?

Finally got it last night ..disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, (replaced gas piston rings, o-rings) and reassembled today. It's a 2005 Remington 11-87 Sportsman synthetic. Not the lightest of guns, but super reliable when properly maintained and it was a deal from a friend that I couldn't pass up.

shotgun-1.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought one of those during their first year of production (87') for $385 in 12ga., 26". Just called the 11-87 Premier back then. Had the heavier bbl but I loved that it was auto gas compensating for low and high brass. It's still in perfect condition and the only thing I had to do to it was replace the O-ring around the magazine tube.

I haven't had much time to look at broomsticks lately. After I started my "locked" broomstick thread, my mother fell, broke her hip, was in the hospital for a week and a half and then passed. Her funeral was in Florida, which is a whole nother story. Things are just now getting back to normal, well kinda. We're in the process of re-locating my son to Corpus (yet another long story) and time has been at a premium. I do however REALLY like the look of some of those Italian broomsticks. After my son gets moved, after we have a garage sale (don't get me started) and after our new puppy arrives (!) I'll be shopping for a broomstick. That is unless something else pops up[:S].

I haven't had much time to look at broomsticks lately. After I started my "locked" broomstick thread, my mother fell, broke her hip, was in the hospital for a week and a half and then passed. Her funeral was in Florida, which is a whole nother story. Things are just now getting back to normal, well kinda. We're in the process of re-locating my son to Corpus (yet another long story) and time has been at a premium. I do however REALLY like the look of some of those Italian broomsticks. After my son gets moved, after we have a garage sale (don't get me started) and after our new puppy arrives (!) I'll be shopping for a broomstick. That is unless something else pops upTongue Tied.

dude, so sorry to hear about your mom. :/

Finally got it last night ..disassembled, cleaned, lubricated, (replaced gas piston rings, o-rings) and reassembled today. It's a 2005 Remington 11-87 Sportsman synthetic. Not the lightest of guns, but super reliable when properly maintained and it was a deal from a friend that I couldn't pass up.

shotgun-1.jpg

Very nice indeed....

Nothing personal, but if this thread doesn't get locked I'm gonna be pissed.

According to Amy, as long as it stays friendly and politically neutral, it should remain unlocked. I have faith in my fellow man to understand that I'm not a gun nut, but am beginning to enjoy the sport and have to think about protecting my family when I move onto 10acres at the end of the month and am 15+ minutes from police response. :)

According to Amy, as long as it stays friendly and politically neutral, it should remain unlocked. I have faith in my fellow man to understand that I'm not a gun nut, but am beginning to enjoy the sport and have to think about protecting my family when I move onto 10acres at the end of the month and am 15+ minutes from police response. :)

Have all the faith you want, but some people just don't know when to [:#].

BTW, just about everybody is 15 min from response.

I'd say i had about 90% accuracy .. all those years of Area 51 & Duck Hunt, bb guns shooting at army men, etc have paid off. this gun isn't the lightest out there, but that helps minimize the recoil to very little - so the shoulder has some slight bruising, but is otherwise in great shape. :)

Carl,

I'm sorry about your mom. I was afraid that at her age this might happen when you told me about the hip. You and your family are still in my thoughts. I'm not very good with words but wish you and your family the best.

John H.

Carl,

I'm sorry about your mom. I was afraid that at her age this might happen when you told me about the hip. You and your family are still in my thoughts. I'm not very good with words but wish you and your family the best.

John H.

Thanks John, your sentiment was conveyed perfectly.

• 3 months later...