My new best friend

CECAA850

Very cool looking pup--congratulations.

Thanks, he's changing so fast, he looks completely different (to me) than the pics on the previous page. I'm curious as to what he'll weigh in at on Friday's vet visit.

years ago had a st. bernard and his looks changed quickly too. dogs are cool.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotties are prone to certain types of cancer. I've been thinking about going with a raw diet for him as there's a gereral concencus that much of their problems are food related. I plan on discussing this with my vet when he goes in for his next round of shots.

First congrats on yer new bestest buddy

I cannot recommend strongly enough going with a RAW diet for your new bestest buddy. It is all I feed my Malinois. Our old girl Alex(RIP) was 10'ish and sliding down the slope pretty fast. We switched her to RAW and it was like flipping a switch. She took weight off, began behaving like she was 7'ish. She lived to be just a bit over 16. RAW ia all our boys have ever been fed. When we got our new gal DJ last year she was returned to the breeder by her former owner because her Vet said she had hereditary gastro digestional problems. Given I know both the sire and dam, I heard this and laughed out loud, the idiot Vet had placed her on Corticlesteriods at 9 weeks until we got her at 12 weeks. The breeder got her back and we took her switched her to RAW and all digestive and gastro problems disappeared overnight. She has the constitution of a tank now she could eat one too and not even flinch. Most vets will discourage RAW, because it poses sanitation issues when you handle a lot of raw meats adn bones. I test my dogs blood panels and organ functions yearly and they are spot on.

You are right for some reason black and tan dogs (Rotties, Dobies, Beaucy's.. seem to have a high incidence of bone cancers and immuno problems.) Our Mali breeder si a big fan of Rotties, he has a female who can do the work and just charm you into adoring her. She has the most positive personality I've ever encountered in a dog, no environmental sensitivities at all.

Just got back from the vet's office for his 10 week check. He tipped the scales at 20 lbs. I'm not quite sure how that's possible as it seems like he poops a couple pounds a daySurprise.

20 lbs - curious to see the pics...Can you please post few recent ones? [:)]

They are so cute at that age, hard to believe how big that youngun is gonna get!!! Before you know it he will be standing on his hind legs licking your nose..

I'm used to the bigger breeds. I've had my other Rottie plus I've had a couple of Newfoundlands. You just have to keep reminding them who the "Alpha" dog is[;)].

• Moderators

I'm used to the bigger breeds. I've had my other Rottie plus I've had a couple of Newfoundlands. You just have to keep reminding them who the "Alpha" dog isWink.

They know who the alpha dog is, who picks up who's poop ? [:D]

Who's the pet and who's the owner when you have a dog or cat ? [:|]

Great looking doggie, look at the size of those paws, he's going to be big, I would not jump over your fence into your yard in 6-8 months ! [:o]

• Moderators

My daughtersStick out tongue.

[Y] Good all around job of training, pets usually end up being mine, at least the feeding/watering part, guess I have been trained. [:$]

We, well my Grandson has a new one year old puppy also,a miniature Pinscher from a shelter, a very good little dog, until he can't see anyone, then he wants to cry. [:S]

This is not him but just what he looks like, I never tried to take a pic of him yet.

post-11804-1381966107876_thumb.jpg

We, well my Grandson has a new one year old puppy also,a miniature Pinscher from a shelter, a very good little dog, until he can't see anyone, then he wants to cry. Tongue Tied

He'll be like that untill he's feels confident that, anytime someone leaves, they'll actually be back. There's no telling what his prior life entailed. He'll grow to be a great, faithfull pet once he gets his bearings back.

• Moderators

Your probably right, he was adopted once before for 3 days, they brought him back because of the crying when left alone, well he's stuck here now, he better get use to it. Except for that he is a perfect little dog, he is getting a little better with the whining, although we have 3 daughters so or tolerance to whining is kind of high. [;)]