My new best friend

CECAA850

Rotties are prone to certain types of cancer. I've been thinking about going with a raw diet for him as there's a gereral concencus that much of their problems are food related. I plan on discussing this with my vet when he goes in for his next round of shots.

I feed my dogs RAW food only now, best thing I ever did. Expensive, but to me its better then paying for cheap dry dog food ( I call fast food dog food) and having all those problems. Before I fed my dogs raw food, we were paying the vet bucko bucks for blood test for allergies, and then more for shots we admin at home once a day to help him get over the allergies. Found out about raw food and man what a difference it made! Lets just say we stopped giving him allergy meds and those damn shots [Y]

BTW I wouldnt ask a vet for their advice (I did and mine said dont do it, its hell), they are trained kinda like how doctors are on their views of chiropractors [N]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW I wouldnt ask a vet for their advice (I did and mine said dont do it, its hell), they are trained kinda like how doctors are on their views of chiropractors No

The vet I ended up with is a HUGE proponent of the RAW diet and has his personal dogs on it. He even gave me the contact info from the supplier he uses. I'm waiting to hear back from them now.

I wanna lie on the ground and wrestle with him!

He gets that at least once a day from me[Y]. Of course it looks like I've been playing in barbed wire from those sharp teeth. He never bears down, but plays with his mouth wide open. It's hard to avoid those sharp baby teeth, I've dremeled his claws a couple of times now, so they're not so bad.

I wanna lie on the ground and wrestle with him!

He gets that at least once a day from meYes. Of course it looks like I've been playing in barbed wire from those sharp teeth. He never bears down, but plays with his mouth wide open. It's hard to avoid those sharp baby teeth, I've dremeled his claws a couple of times now, so they're not so bad.

[:D]

• 3 weeks later...

Happy birthday to your buddy, he's a good looking guy. I guess that makes him 7 in people years.

My little guy just hit the 3 month mark. He's growing at a remarkable rate. He's put on 12 lbs. in the last month, making him 32 lbs. He's at that stage where he looks out of proportion, he's all legs and belly.

Thanks, I should have said my little buddet, she is a female.

They do grow up fast, when we got her she was 10 weeks old and had stubby little legs and a short snout. Now, some of our friends call her the "long legged diva".

32 lbs at 3 months, man he is getting big fast, ours only has 60 lbs now, and is "full grown" but is a smaller race. Hope you are having fun with him and he will grow up healthy!!! Has he found out what socks and shoes are for? (naturlich to teeth on) Even today we cannot leave a sock laying around without her trying to steal it!!

We'll take an old sock, roll it up and put it in the toes of another sock then do the same thing again and tie the two together to make a pull toy. They only last a couple of weeks but they're some of his favorite toys. He also likes empty plastic coffee cans. When he bats them with his paws they scoot across the floor making noise as they go. It'll amuse him for quite some time.

Since this has opened up a little from a 1 dog thread [:P]

I am next to Yoshi, our 9.5 yo Akita mix. The other dog is Maddie, she is about 10 yo. This is the first day they met, she now lives with us.Maddie is a full blooded Akita and she is about 25 pounds over weight here. Yoshi is 114 pounds and Maddie, here is 104. She should weigh about 75.

If you zoom in on Maddie, you can see the results of her last home, in stiches on her fore legs. She came from a family that lost their home. The family could not find a home for her and could not take her with them. At the vets office, to put her to sleep, they made one last phone call and a friend of a friend could take her. Their dogs didn't get along with her and she went to a third home, which took in dogs until they could be placed. While there, she got into a fight with the third homes dogs and just after that we called and asked about her. She is a VERY strong willed dog but she is learning, slowly :D

EDIT, looking at the pic, Yoshi could stand to loose his pot belly also [:|]

post-14862-13819662615158_thumb.jpg

I guess this thread is the propper place to report my Shih Tzu Ted really likes corn. First, he went crazy over popcorn (one kernel at a time, of course). He has since move on to corn on the cob, carefully biting off the kernels. I think he's sort of a combination of typewriter and round and round type of corn eater.

I guess this thread is the propper place to report my Shih Tzu Ted really likes corn. First, he went crazy over popcorn (one kernel at a time, of course). He has since move on to corn on the cob, carefully biting off the kernels. I think he's sort of a combination of typewriter and round and round type of corn eater.

I used to have a Newfoundland "Schultz" that loved corn also. He'd eat the corn AND the cob. We'd always have to cook an ear just for him when we made corn on the cob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...