Here Yea Go iPhone Geeks.....

Gilbert

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait until apple dies of worm rot. Way over rated.

And so is Microsoft!

Look, despite what all you anti-Apple or anti-Microsoft crowd would like to think, neither is going anywhere anytime soon. You might as well be waiting for a very long time. The fact of the matter is that Apple does indeed make nice, reliable products. I've used everything from Sun Solaris up through Mac OS/X and from my own personal experience, I found the Apple gear to be the most reliable and easiest to use.

Granted, I am not going to go and run out to get the new iPhone as I am quite happy with the one that I currently have (an iPhone 4). Now, when it comes time to upgrade in a few years, than I'll re-evaluate the smartphone market and see if it will be worth getting another iPhone or something else entirely.

The fact of the matter is that Apple does indeed make nice, reliable products. I've used everything from Sun Solaris up through Mac OS/X and from my own personal experience, I found the Apple gear to be the most reliable and easiest to use.

Within the last six montchs, we've had three out of five new MacBook Pros replaced by Apple. Totally unacceptable in my book. All hardware issues...

Bruce

Those who bashed the iPhone are either don't own one or can't afford one. Apple products are the most reliable on the planet. I have never has any of my Apple device serviced. I own iPods, iPads, iPhones, Apple TVs, Mac Minis and Mac Book Pros and have never sent in any for service. This reminded me of IBM when they are still making the Thinkpad laptops. I have own two dozen Thinkpads over the last couple decades. Never had any problem with them until Lenovo took over and I stop buying Thinkpad. The first Thinkpad that I bought from Lenovo lasted about 6 months. It's not about who made them but how they manage quality control and customer service. Just like Klipsch, when you have a problem, Amy doesn't leave you in the dust!

The fact of the matter is that Apple does indeed make nice, reliable products. I've used everything from Sun Solaris up through Mac OS/X and from my own personal experience, I found the Apple gear to be the most reliable and easiest to use.

Within the last six montchs, we've had three out of five new MacBook Pros replaced by Apple. Totally unacceptable in my book. All hardware issues...

Bruce

Like I said - from my own personal experience, I found the Apple stuff to more reliable than anything else I've used. I've never had any of the problems like you described with any of the Apple products that I've used or dealt with.

But as they say, your milage may vary.

I can't wait until apple dies of worm rot. Way over rated.

And so is Microsoft!

Look, despite what all you anti-Apple or anti-Microsoft crowd would like to think, neither is going anywhere anytime soon. You might as well be waiting for a very long time. The fact of the matter is that Apple does indeed make nice, reliable products. I've used everything from Sun Solaris up through Mac OS/X and from my own personal experience, I found the Apple gear to be the most reliable and easiest to use.

Granted, I am not going to go and run out to get the new iPhone as I am quite happy with the one that I currently have (an iPhone 4). Now, when it comes time to upgrade in a few years, than I'll re-evaluate the smartphone market and see if it will be worth getting another iPhone or something else entirely.

For me its not a apple/microsoft thing. I just think steve is a tool. That about sums it up. Sure I bet they make a great product. And they have very, very good advertising. But I for one will not fall into the hype of an overrated product. Look at their profits. Then you will realize how over priced they are and how they made all of the products of other brands go way to high.

For me its not a apple/microsoft thing. I just think steve is a tool.

Oh real classy here - must resort to personal attacks huh (don't worry, I've reported this as abuse to the admins)? So I guess I must be a "tool" now just because I happen to like Apple products? But then again, I guess I should expect so much from somebody with a name like "Utard".

I am not buying all the "overhype" and "overpriced" non-sense when it comes to Apple. But then again, I guess I am just a "tool", so what the hell do I know, oh great one (never mind the 20-years or so of software engineering experience that I have, so I think I know a thing about computers and whatnot by now)! I guess I should go consult with you the next time I need a new computer or smartphone or tablent, then. It seems you have all the anwsers here. [:@]

I was not attacking you personally. Sorry if you felt that way. It's just my opinion of that company.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but seeing "Steven is a tool" to me looks an aweful lot like a personal attack.

If that is not what you ment to say, then apology accepted. [:)] EDIT, I see below where 'Neo33' made a clarification. If you indeed ment to say "Steve Jobs is a tool", then I owe you an apology. You can probably see where, replying directly to my post, where my name also happens to be "Steve", where I could read that as a personal attack.

Admittedly, I am not a fan of many of the bone-headed things Apple has done or is trying to pull (that whole Samsung patent dispute for example), but from my own personal experience, I just happen to like the functionality of many of thier products, and I will use what works for me. Just so happen that for many of what I need to do, Apple's products works and does exactly what I need.

I guess on this case, we are better off to simply agree to disagree.

• Moderators

I'm too dumb to have a smart phone.

[:D] That's funny.

But don't feel bad I do not have a phone [:o] and really appreciate it. [Y]

Built in secretary, usually not far away, she also knows where I'm at anytime, been that way before cell phones. [:P]

Well, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but seeing "Steven is a tool" to me looks an aweful lot like a personal attack.

Steven, I think he meant to say "Steve Jobs (Apple's CEO) is a tool" and not you.

Okay, if that was indeed what he meant, then my apologies to him for the misunderstanding. Since he was replying directly to my post and my name also happens to be "Steve", you can see where I am reading that as a personal attack.

But, hey, the dude is entitled to his opinion, even if I think his opinion sucks. I just guess this is a case where we are better of to agree to disagree. I am certainly not some rampant Apple fanboy, but I can certainly appreciate that they do produce some pretty nice gear, that I just happen to enjoy using myself.

Don't have an Ipad---screen too small and buttons too small

Don't have a cell phone---screen too small and buttons too small---my thumb is bigger than 3 buttons.

Don't need a cell phone

Don't need an Ipad

Don't need 4G

Don't need 50G (1.5meg DSL works just fine.)

Don't need to recharge batteries which I despise.

I do have four computers with 32" monitors (no problem seeing) and a standard keyboard which fit my fingers perfectly. It has no batteries except for the bios and when it goes I get a new computer. When there is a power failure my Landline phone still functions. I can print out stuff I want to save. I don't have to worry about dropping the units on a floor or loosing them. I do not need Twitter, Facebook, or Pisser or Cloud.I am not constantly bothered by a cell phone ringing somewhere on my body. I have no need to use a cell phone while driving or in the supermarket checkout line.

JJK

They do make some nice gear. I have a wonderful Mac Pro sitting here on my desk at work. We also had three out of ten 24 inch iMacs die and require servicing the first year. The first aluminum case iMacs had some issues, and I think they've gotten those things worked out.

They do some crazy things. I think it's abolutely wrong to require you to connect a new iPad to a computer with iTune, just to get it set up. They switched back to not letting the end user replace the batteries in the new MacBook Pros. Things like that are a bit strange to me.

Bruce

Don't have an Ipad---screen too small and buttons too small

Don't have a cell phone---screen too small and buttons too small---my thumb is bigger than 3 buttons.

Don't need a cell phone

Don't need an Ipad

Don't need 4G

Don't need 50G (1.5meg DSL works just fine.)

Don't need to recharge batteries which I despise.

I do have four computers with 32" monitors (no problem seeing) and a standard keyboard which fit my fingers perfectly. It has no batteries except for the bios and when it goes I get a new computer. When there is a power failure my Landline phone still functions. I can print out stuff I want to save. I don't have to worry about dropping the units on a floor or loosing them. I do not need Twitter, Facebook, or Pisser or Cloud.I am not constantly bothered by a cell phone ringing somewhere on my body. I have no need to use a cell phone while driving or in the supermarket checkout line.

JJK

If this is me, I'd go deep inside the wood away from civilization!

Get over it already and drink the koolaid.

Apple Rocks!

Smart phones would not be where they are without Apple. When Apple releases a product the rest of the competition starts copying them.

My 3G is getting old so I'll likely ebay it and get a 5g. To a certain extent my iphone has replaced my laptop when I am out of the office. I can vpn and remote control any server or pc on my network. That is so cool when you don't want to go back to the office.

I can see everyone in here is really in to Apple, lol.

Here's a better link though anyway....

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19024/hspa_iphone_will_be_worlds_smartest_smartphone

Personally, I was way late to the scene, my first iPhone was and is my 3GS... but after I got it, I thought, "Why did I wait so darn long".... probably because I was happy as a clam with my Sprint Phone, and didn't want to pay the extra price the service requires. It wasn't until after a year of moving back to Texas that I bit the bullet.

Because of work, I can't live w/o a mobile phone, it's the best and usually the only way my clients can get a hold of me. I bought the wife an iPhone at the same time, and then she asked for an iPad. She loves them both, and never goes out of town without her either of then. She uses the iPad even when she cooks fancy meals, props it up like a cookbook when she's logged into a reciepe website.

In all honesty, it really is a crappy phone, but one hell of a multimedia device. I'll be getting the iPhone 5, I played with a friends iPhone 4 and the screen is much improved and websurfing is definitely faster, but mostly because my 3GS is looking pretty beat-up, been dropped more than a few times at construction sites. Screen and bezel have been cracked/chipped from hitting rebar and it's looking pretty rough.