• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

SORRY PETE I am still laughing

That's how I know the you and I and a few select others would get along and have a great time in a social situation, because we can all be absolute dic^ heads knowing the others are laughing and waiting for the opportunity to get even. Stick out tongue When were you going to tell me that I fuc$ed up???????????, Oh wait, I know, it was after I was done and you could go I'm not the only dumb as@ I'm really ROTTLMAO. I'm very pleased with the build now and will post some more pics to finalize the build, even with the screw up.

I read that you were having problems right before i posted that, but I do smile every time i think about it. [:D]

THANK YOU, I am not the only one, you make me feel normal, ok maby that's a stretch. Don't feel bad I left it play over night hoping for the break-in fairy would fix it. [:o]

• Moderators

It's great that we're all normal

OK [:S][Y]

It is much better to find a silly mistake than a terrible design.

One thing not talked about much is , there is a different kind of sound from a design like this than a direct radiator, it may take a little getting use to ?

Either way after all that work I hope you like it. [:)]

dtel, I think the sound from the tapped horn is perfect for home theater LFE channel. I have not compared the sound with say my RSW-15s in terms of how 'fast' it responds etc. But, it is a 'big', powerful, deep bass that is perfect for effects. I actually got away from all my horn based 'bass' bins for the quicker and to my ears, better performance of the direct radiator. (I'm sure that comment will subject me to flame throwers, but it is where I ended up.) I went the other way for powerful bass in the LFE channel. Strange twist of bass performance for me.

• Moderators

To me it comes down individual taste, if it sounds good to you who am I to say your wrong, we all hear differently. The whole goal in this is to get what you like, nothing else matters really.

The direct radiator is probably quicker, I would think so at least.

I do like that design sub, it may not be the fastest or most accurate I have no clue ? But I like the sound, especially since you can diy and do it cheap compared to many subs with really good results, but you do have to give up some space.

I have never heard it have a problem, and while putting out a crazy amount of sound. With a little plate amp under 200 wpc 180 I thinkit was, if I put the volume at half it is to much bass. I have a mark at about 10:30 which is where the amp should be although i go a little more for movies, or music that is light with the bass.

It is a little different, but after spending about 5 hours listening to it with music and crossing it over at 80, it really sounds good with the 7's. I should have the amp worked out in the next week were I can cross it lower and dial it in better and I still have to get some testing done but been tied up with a tax issue the last couple of days.[+o(]

So are they frikkinamazing or what??????????????????

I'm very impressed so far, but I just haven't had the time I would like to run a lot of movies. I have run the last 15 minutes of the Transformers "Dark side of the moon", which I think is a great test and it performed terrific. More to come.

• 4 months later...

Looks to be going great, Aren't those Rigid Tools the greatest! Do you have the lifetime battery warranty? 18 or 24?

It's moving right along and just waiting on the drivers. All my cordless are now Rigid and they have been great and I'm really a Bosch guy but in cordless these have been better than any Bosch or Dewalt that I've ever owned and yes with the lifetime warranty on the batteries and they're 24 volt but can run the 18's. Tonight I'm pulling out all the equipment that I think I need to test with and I think I'm going to start a dedicated thread for me and other dumb as*'s that don't have a clue where to begin to test because I'm reading a lot of different threads about it, but I'll post the picture here with what I have and list the software and see where it goes because I don't know where to begin.

Dayton EMM-6 Mic

Behringer 1832 FX Mixing Board

Rat Shack Sound Level Meter (70% off today, going out of business sale)

Behringer UCA Audio control

Not Pictured Acer Laptop with dual core 2.0 cpu 4 G ram Running Vista Home Premium and whatever sound card is built in. Stick out tongue

Also not pictured are many cables and connectors and adapters that I'm sure won't be the right ones and I'll have to go get something.

Bump.

• 3 years later...