I'm feeling kinda dirty....

Coytee

Took a drive today and mosied down to St. Augustine area. On the way down I saw an outlet mall and a Bose store.

On the way back.... yes....I did it.... I stopped in and gave a look-see.

Place was actually bustling with people. I put my hands in my pocket & shut my mouth while I walked around looking at things.

In a back room I noticed the Bose TV and hit play on the remote. I gotta say that "in that room" it soudned better than my TV. I did notice that the room was quite small and I don't know if this was intentional or not but the TV itself was set in an alcove. I don't know if that helped reinforce anything or not. Regardless, I looked at some of the items, was shocked at the actual size of most of the drivers and very shocked at their proud price.

There were several salesmen helping others. One of them started towards me when another customer stopped him and asked what the response was "on this". I don't recall exactly what it was but I think it was either one of the radio variants or some other type of Ipod player. I chuckled under my breath thinking "they don't publish that info from what I understand" and the salesman said "twenty to twenty thousand herz"

I just kept my eyes on the earphones that I was looking at and sauntered on out. Prior to leaving I noticed that the salesmen were wearing blue knit shirts with Bose on the front of it.

I thought it might be kind of cool to see if I could get one of those shirts and do one of two things....

1. Simply wear it to the next Klipsch gathering...

2. Have someone sew the international "no" sign over Bose. You know, the circle with the red bar going through it? Sort of like the attached. I thought that might be fun.

post-15072-13819684862118_thumb.gif

When I was fifteen, not long after buying my first pair of Klipsch La Scalas, I would visit one of three local stereo shops in our somewhat rural area (I don't think there are three left in the whole state now), the one that sold Bose, and I would wear a T-shirt that I had made up with white fuzzy letters on black cotton that said on the front "I own Klipsch" and on the back "Beware of Bose, Distortion Kills". I got kicked out of that store quite often. Lol

I never felt dirty!

Greg

When I was fifteen, not long after buying my first pair of Klipsch La Scalas, I would visit one of three local stereo shops in our somewhat rural area (I don't think there are three left in the whole state now), the one that sold Bose, and I would wear a T-shirt that I had made up with white fuzzy letters on black cotton that said on the front "I own Klipsch" and on the back "Beware of Bose, Distortion Kills". I got kicked out of that store quite often. Lol

I never felt dirty!

Greg

Thats funny. I used to have a white 1980 lincoln town car. For the Sundance film festable in Park City, Utah one year I spray painted in black paint the words "Sundance Sucks" on the sides of the car. Oh and I had some long horn bulls horns on the hood of the car. And I would drive up and down main street with the sterero thumping. Still makes me laugh thinking about that.

To Wuzzer's link...

I was thinking it might be extra cool to have their official work shirt. I'm dead serious... I had to bite my tongue as I was prepared to ask one of the guys how I could get one of their shirts.

To add more embarassment to my life here's a short story: Years ago I was at Iquitos, Peru which is in the Amazon area. We had a guide who was a pretty cool dude. He was wearing his work T-shirt which had some logo and image on it. I thought it was pretty cool, asked him about it and ended up buying it off his back for $5.00. So, it goes to show that I'm not beyond doing something this silly.....[:$]

two minutes in Photoshop. We could do this all day.....

Yes, but not on an official work uniform shirt..... and to me, that is where the beauty is. I actually kind of chucked as I was walking around the store. in that, they were showing various things to various people....ringing up various people.... and if/as they saw me, they perhaps presumed I was another customer being wowed by some of their stuff. When in fact, I was walking around thinking about the very shirt on their very back wondering if it would get a bigger laugh if I wore it to a Klipsch gathering as is (visible bose) or had someone embroider the red circle/slash over it like above and wore it that way.

Put differently....anyone could make a "BS" piece of paper. It might however, be viewed a bit differently if they received a BS button from PWK himself and then put "No" in front of me making it a "No BS" button and then wore it as a Bose fan to a Bose function, giggling like a child about PWK's supporting their function as "No BS" when in fact that is twisting the original intent of the button.

To me it only works if it's the real deal. You cant "make" a Bose shirt and do this....the beauty is geting one of the corporate shirts.

Just go in and find the most gullible looking salesman (and same shirt size) and butter him up with some BS that you love bose and looking to set up room number 3 and that you just love their shirts and would love to get one and would be proud to wear one. See where it leads? I know I could not do this without laughing out loud.

Just go in and find the most gullible looking salesman (and same shirt size) and butter him up with some BS that you love bose and looking to set up room number 3 and that you just love their shirts and would love to get one and would be proud to wear one. See where it leads? I know I could not do this without laughing out loud.

That is exactly how I'd do it. A little schmooze and offer to buy one/two. After all, they probably have a small stock of them for new hires right?

[6]

What someone needs to do is rig up a room like Bose does with the faux speakers covering a set of "cubies". The demonstrator can run the demo and wow everyone when he/she removes the cover to reveal the cubes after blowing them all to back of the room at 110 dB. Except in this room, after everyone is convinced that the little Bose sound so good, the lighting behind the perforated screen comes on to reveal Jubilees.

We should not bash Bose. Their marketing scheme is brilliant. The number sold is astronomical. For the "uneducated", the ignorant, the great unwashed masses, those with a lifestyle that wants generic sound without any thoughts, requirements, or desire for high fidelity, they are as satisfactory as any other non high end speaker.

Sometimes our zeal in the defense of Klipsch becomes like a religious crusade. While the purpose of the Forum is to discuss the intricacies of the PWK's products, altogether too often we go "nuts" when someone else has something that does not meet our "specs".

I've learned over the years that instead of saying, "Your system is a poor quality excrement"; the better course is to say, "Sounds great! By the way, I'd like to invite you over for a brew or two".

Then electro-zap them with your Klipsch...... [Y]

I have never had anyone with Bose walk away without the tears of shame, the wonderment, the awe, etc., ad infinitum. But instead of crapping in your Wheaties by calling them out in public or worse, in their home, the better method of spreading the word is by ambush......

Besides it's great fun!!!

[H]

"I have never had anyone with Bose walk away without the tears of shame,
the wonderment, the awe, etc., ad infinitum."

2.jpg

These Bose might just kick sand in your face, they use the same large format B&C compression driver that Klipsch used to use.

Just go in and find the most gullible looking salesman (and same shirt size) and butter him up with some BS that you love bose and looking to set up room number 3 and that you just love their shirts and would love to get one and would be proud to wear one. See where it leads?

Perhaps it'll get you dinner and a date?...[:|]

Just go in and find the most gullible looking salesman (and same shirt size) and butter him up with some BS that you love bose and looking to set up room number 3 and that you just love their shirts and would love to get one and would be proud to wear one. See where it leads?

Perhaps it'll get you dinner and a date?...Indifferent

That's some funny Shi* right there, and I heard that you Canadians didn't have a sense of humor.[:P]