Cinema F-20 build thread

CECAA850

I gasketed in between the door frame and the side it attatched to. My thinking was that after I gasket the door itself it will sit flush. It didn't so I had to shim the door. The gasket in this step would be omitted on a future build. Good idea, or so I thought at the time.

hehe, always a learning process.

Love it Love it Love it!

It looks fantastic! Great job! Can't wait to get your impressions.

people tell me NOT to mix this with the THT, but I sure like the form factor it has. I would love to add this to my setup, but don't really want to give up the THT to do it...

Great job! Are you going to be able to take some response measurements?

I still think that thing is a monster in size. Even in my large room, I can't imagine having a couple of these.

I wasn't planning on it, no. The response graphs are posted in the thread over at the AVSforum by people who actually know how to measure things. I followed the plans to within 1/16 of an inch (or less) so I think I'll get similar results. I will however do some listening to it. My garage isn't the best place for critical listening and I have no plans on dragging it in the house but I should get a feel of how it will perform. I'll stick it with my KP-250's and see how it does.

people tell me NOT to mix this with the THT, but I sure like the form factor it has. I would love to add this to my setup, but don't really want to give up the THT to do it...

Why is that? Different horn lengths? I know you're not supposed to mix direct radiating subs with horns and it's not ideal to mix TH's with FLH's but I wouldn't see a problem using 2 FLH's together, which they both are.

I still think that thing is a monster in size. Even in my large room, I can't imagine having a couple of these.

Rudy - I'm hoping to have a dfw horn heads at my place once life settles down, and would love it if someone with the tools and knowledge could do exactly this and help me tweak to my room.

Rudy - I'm hoping to have a dfw horn heads at my place once life settles down, and would love it if someone with the tools and knowledge could do exactly this and help me tweak to my room.

I think Rudy is talking about ground plane measurements, that's different than integrating it into your system and room.