More creative than normal

dtel

• Moderators

How lucky I must be to have un-claimed freight and strangers from all over the world trying to make me rich. [Y]

David lee
INSPECTION UNIT
Chicago O'Hare International Airport
Address:10000 West O'Hare, Chicago, IL, 60666.
Hi,

I am David lee Director Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agent in O'Hare International Airport.During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United

Kingdom underiship forwarder which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Chicago and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box weighing

approximately 110kg each. The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the

Shipping Agent also the Diplomat inability to pay for Non Inspection Fees.

On my assumption, each of the boxes will contain more that $6M or above in each and the consignment is still left in storage house till today through a registered shipping Company, The Consignment

are two metal box with weight of about 110kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm). Effective capacity: 680 L.)Approximately.

The details of the consignment including your name the official document from United Nation office in London are tagged on the Metal Trunk box.

If you want us to transact the delivery for mutual benefit, you should provide your Phone Number, full address, to cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official document including

the name of nearest Airport around you and other details. You should send the required details to me for onward delivery.

All communication must be held extremely confidential. I can get everything concluded within 24 to 48 hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery. But it must be on the

condition that you will give me 50% of the amount contained in the boxes and i must get assurance from you concerning my 50% before i will proceed.

I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shipper have abandoned it and ran away.I will pay for the Non inspection fee and arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this

Airport to your address, Once we are through i will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company geared to provide the security it needs to your doorstep. or i can bring it by myself to avoid

any more trouble. But i will share it 50% to you and 50% to me. But you have to assure me of my 50%. do respond to me through my direct email: davidlee_268@live.com
You can call me at bellow telephone numbers.

Best Regards,
David lee
INSPECTION OFFICER
phone number 19544827707

They send these to professionals all of the time. It is scary that there must be many who are gullable enough to fall for this. If your attorney cannot tell that this is a scam, move on to the next one:

This was in my spam filter:

Dear Attorney,

I am Sharon Brooks CEO DT Metals International LLC. Please I will need your Legal services regards a very confidential matter. I would first like to know how you handle your clients, if you collect advance or not. If you do, how much and do handling a private and confidential case attract more fees?

Please I will like to know because my case requires urgent attention so that I can forward some information and documents to you to enable you know the type of case and your needs/requirements to proceed.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sharon Brooks

DT Metals International LLC

Here is another iteration I found online:

Hello,

I am Sharon Brooks CEO DT Metals International LLC. Please I will need your
Management services regards some of my properties. How do we proceed
and what do
you need.

Please advice.

Regards,

Sharon Brooks
DT Metals International LLC

• Moderators

This is funny unless your that lady.....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/australian-woman-turns-tables-nigerian-scammers-175755518.html

Nigerian email scams have become nearly as commonplace as the Internet itself. But one Australian woman wound up in jail after turning the tables--to the tune of $30,000--on a group of con artists.

The Courier-Mail reports that Sarah Jane Cochrane-Ramsey, 23, was employed as an "agent" in March 2010 by the Nigerians, but didn't know they were scam artists. Her "job" was to provide access to an Australian bank account opened in her name where the Nigerians could then transfer money they had received from a phony car sales website. Cochrane-Ramsey was told she could keep eight percent of the transfers.

But, then she decided to steal from the thieves themselves. According to the Courier-Mail, she received two payments, totaling $33,350, but spent most of it on herself.

If you're not familiar with the so-called Nigerian Scam, also known as the (419) scam, or Advanced Fee Fraud, here's a brief explainer: the fraud works by convincing an individual to give money and/or bank account access to a third-party in exchange for future financial rewards.

Most commonly, the scam artist will claim to be a wealthy Nigerian individual looking to move his vast financial resources to another country. He then promises the fraud victim a hefty payment in exchange for a temporary loan or bank account access in order to facilitate the move. Of course, the fraud victim never receives the promised payout and instead usually ends up losing thousands of dollars in the process. According to Scam Busters, the Advance Fee Fraud scams often target small businesses and charities. And while the scam has been around for years, the U.S. Financial Crimes Division of the Secret Service still receives a reported 100 calls a day from people claiming to be victims of a (419) crime.

But, back to the Cochrane-Ramsey case. The real victims who thought they were buying cars online reported the scam to the police, who traced the account back to Cochrane-Ramsey. She was ordered to appear in Brisbane District Court and plead guilty to one count of aggravated fraud.

For now, the court judge is allowing Cochrane-Ramsey time to come up with the money to pay off the fraud victims while she awaits sentencing in March.

Interestingly, Cochrane-Ramsey is not the first person to turn the tables on Nigerian scammers. In 2008, the radio program This American Life ran a story on some anonymous pranksters who sent a Nigerian scam artist on a wild goose chase that spanned 1,400-miles into war-torn Chad for a promised cash payout at a local Western Union branch.

And they convinced him to do this while carrying an anti-Muslim/pro-George W. Bush note, which stated his intention to rob the Western Union. Their entire plan was spelled out on this website, dedicated to turning the tables on Internet con artists (Warning: contains Not Safe for Work language).

It was somewhere on the Forum years ago, but I ran a "scam" on the scammers. We set up a local bank account, transferred some confidential funds, got the bank prez to send a letter to the scammers verifying the account. We then transferred $5K into the account, sent another letter and insisted that they come to us with rep to withdraw the funds. They did.... We popped them in the bank with the "victim". One was from Nigeria and had "diplomatic immunity", so the State Department got involved. The other one was a sleaze Mariel boat lift a*sswipe from Miami. He had issues and as far as I know, is no longer available to "assist" in "transactions". After that, the number of scam attempts on folks with an Okeeville email address dropped down to about zero.....

It was fun!

I am thankful that the scammers haven't come up with an "Execute upon Delete" software .

JJK

I"m sure it's not for a lack of trying. If I ever knew that someone designed and sent out these scams and viruses, I would literally bury them in the rear of the property.

• Moderators

I take ache meds.

Didn't know what it was so i looked it up [:$]

"a : to suffer a usually dull persistent pain <an aching back>"

Kind of what my wife says I am ! [Y]

Are you doing any better, I know your like really really old but that's still not normal. [:P]