So I met another forum member today, and brought home new toys!!

Rick

I must admit I'm a little envious when I see other members post their great Craigslist finds here all the time, when I constantly scour the internet looking for deals near me, and there is never anything good for sale here in my neck of the woods...

So I decided to take matters in my own hands this past Friday. I figured it couldn't hurt to put my own wanted ads on Craigslist locally, so I posted a few ads saying that I'm looking to buy Klipsch speakers. In less than two hours I had two responses, and I thought wow I should have thought of this a long time ago...

I answered the first responder, and after a couple of emails back and forth the gentleman asked me if I was a Klipsch Forum member, and that I could do a search to find his post when he purchased these speakers. I responded with "are you kidding me, I'm on the forum all the time"!!

So, I looked up his post and saw the speakers, and knew I had to check them out. We couldn't work anything out over the weekend, so we set it up for me to take the hour drive this morning when I got off work...

I got there and met the gentleman (lyons), and we talked for a bit, then listened to a few tunes on the speakers. I pretty much went up there knowing that I'd be coming home with the speakers, and after seeing them in person, and hearing them for about 30 seconds there was no doubt these were going to be mine!!

What are these speakers you ask? Why they are a beautiful pair of consecutive serial numbered Chorus IIs, in oiled walnut, vintage 1993. They are in very very good shape, and needless to say they sound fantastic...

I want to say thank you very much to lyons for answering my want ad and selling these beauties to me. He is a great guy, and it was a pleasure to meet him!!

Thanks lyons!! [:D]

Here's a few photos of my new babies, with a fresh coat of Howard's Feed-N-Wax on them (they are darker than they appear in these photos): [8-|]

8 years, rick you need to get out more. those are sweeeeeet, guess your going to ditch those cherry 3's back there. you won't have any use for them anymore.

in my 8 years my best forum member story is when Noah ( Hudson valley ) came to my house and actually slept in his car in my driveway for a few hours. bought my 72 verticals in mahogany.

8 years, rick you need to get at more. those are sweeeeeet, guess your going to ditch those cherry 3's back there

my best forum member story is when Noah ( Hudson valley ) came to my house and actually slept in his car in my driveway for a few hours.

I'm not sure, but I probably will be selling the HIIIs soon.

Funny story, and you just reminded me of something... I met Noah about this time last year, so I have met another forum member before... I don't know how that slipped my mind, I better go change the title of this thread... [8-)]

I really enjoy meeting forum members. I've yet to meet one that I wouldn't consider it an honor to hang out with (can't say they'd think the same of me though!!!!!).

OK, just from memory I've met Thaddeussmith, MikeLindsey, USNRET, and Groomlakesarea51. Now that I think of it, that would make a great thread, "Who have you met?"

Countless others have helped me over the years for which I am eternally greatfull.

Congratulations on the new speakers Rick! It looks like your getting ready for your move into a bigger place. I wouldn't get rid of the H3's too quick, as your going to need a bedroom, office, bahroom, kitchen, etc... system when you move!

Again Congrats and if you get a chance, join us in the "RTM" Thread and post what you're listening too! [;)]

Dennie

Whoa, those are in fantastic condition! You really scored IMO, beautiful.

What you say is true, I didn't even ask outright but only lamented in a post that I'd like to find a black\industrial set of KP-201 for the basement.

A forum member here saw that and offered up a set of exactly what fits my room, complete with tripods. Bam! Just like that, and two weeks later, they are mine.

Congrats on your purchase.

Great for you RICK....... meeting forum members is great! I met Wuzzer after a purchase I made from him, it was a good time!!!!! I thank him often in my head...... I read about chip amps and how good they can be, from his and others posts. Purchased one from him that he kindly delivered and set up for me. Thanks Wuzzer !!! After hearing the sound, I was on a path to a little more powerful one, that I found, and it sounds fantastic. Lets face it, it is all about people!!! 8 yrs is too long RICK!!!! THIS POST WAS EDITED DUE TO A SENIOR MOMENT

HA,HA Rick !!! [:D] I KNEW you were about to make an addition in the speaker dept. And you know............that will eventually lead you to the 'grand master' of the Heretige line................like my babies, shown below ! [;)]

Contrats and give us some feedback on your impressions [:)]

Your friend from RTM,

..................................Gary

post-23544-13819689006688_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words fellas!! So far I'm really enjoying them, in fact I'm already in love...

They sound just as I had expected, similar to my Heresy IIIs but with a much greater sence of scale, and bass!!

They sound as though the crossovers are in perfect operating condition, but if I know me I'll soon do the full Crites upgrades... [8-|]