The Journey Ends...

rockhound

Well I can finally stop looking for the right speaker for my listening room. I have been through several different speakers. Started off with the little Heresy II's, very nice speakers that I still own they just did not have the bass I was looking for. However coupled with my SVS sub and X-30 crossover they sounded very good. I will pass these on to my son when the time comes. Next I moved to the Cornwall I. This was my main listening speaker for several months I used a Nakamichi TA-2A receiver and to me they sounded better on that receiver than they did with my MC2105/Peach combo. In the end it came to floor real estate and I really didn't have the room for a washer and dryer footprint not to mention I wasn't doing them justice in my little listening room, sad day when I sold these. Next up was the Forte II. WOW what a fantastic all around speaker these sounded wonderful in my room and to be honest I would have been very happy with these. I love the midrange and the bass these produce not to mention they have a small footprint, my second favorite speaker that I've owned. After that I bought a set of KLF 20's because like my forum name suggest I love ROCK music and I had always heard how great these are with ROCK. These are exactly that a great rock speaker with killer bass but once again my listening room did not match well with them. I had them in the living room for awhile and they REALLY opened up, I would have kept these but they did not pass the WAF, so off to a fellow forum member they went. Lastly i scored a set of Chorus II's semi-locally and just had to give them a shot. They are for me with my equipment in my room the perfect speaker. I love how fluid the midrange is and the bass response is more than I expected. I really thought like the cornwalls and KLF's that they would prove to be to much for my room but there not an amazing speaker they do everything well and to me better than the Forte II's I own, best way I can describe them is they are Forte's on steroids, everything the Forte's do the Chorus does a little better. Anyway that's it my journey is complete I even made a map to show my travels along the way. I'm on a MAC so I'll just have to throw the URL on here just copy/paste it into for browser. Best of luck to those that are still on their own journey, I've had a blast!! http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203692743623774726933.0004ba573a9408ef4ea48&msa=0&ll=35.924645,-92.416992&spn=23.689271,42.319336

• Moderators

Cool way to use the map[Y]

Glad you found what fit's best for you and your room, isn't it a great feeling to not even care to hear other speakers because your that happy with yours. I know how you feel and I never thought I would ever say that, electronics.....that's another story. [:$]

I never knew what the name Rockhound was about before now. [H]

I've been praising the Chorus II for years.

What a great speaker!

I really hope you're right. Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be picking up my first pair of Chorus IIs this coming Wednesday morning.

Over the many years I've had Belles, Heresys, Forte's, Cornwalls, Quartets, La Scalas, Cornscalas, and a couple of different KG models. These will be my first Chorus.

What a great speaker!

I really hope you're right. Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be picking up my first pair of Chorus IIs this coming Wednesday morning.

Over the many years I've had Belles, Heresys, Forte's, Cornwalls, Quartets, La Scalas, Cornscalas, and a couple of different KG models. These will be my first Chorus.

Be prepared to be amazed !!

I have owned Epic CF-2's, Heresy's (3 pairs), Chorus, Chorus II's and Cornwall II's, and loved them all. I had my Chorus for about 4 years and they were my favorite pair of the bunch, but when I purchased La Scala's I knew that horn loaded bass was what I preferred. I now have modified Khorns and they sound simply amazing with the right material. Having said that, I'm sure there will be jubs in my future when the right time comes along.

I don't think the journey ever ends... [:)]

Mike

What a great speaker!

Be prepared to be amazed !!

It's Thursday did you get em?