Bought a new TV! (Pictures added)

wuzzzer

Biggest LED Samsung makes from what I can tell is a 65" that retails for over $5000. I didn't want to spend much over $2000 for a new TV. A 70" LED for under $2500 with the features the Sharp has was too good to pass up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I looked at that model a couple of times and it had a very nice picture and you got a good deal, can't wait to hear your impressions at home changing from the MIT/DLP, I've moved my old one to the basement and find it difficult to go from the new one to the old one as there is such a major difference.

At first I was going to go with a 60" TV, but I just didn't like the idea of going smaller. So far my HDTVs have been 42", then 56", then 65" and now 70". I told my wife that I will keep this TV for a very, very long time.

Sure, yeah, right . . . "very, very long time" . . . Until the 100" plasmas show up at an affordable price (the cost of one of your children, whichever one you like the least). :-). Congrats on the new TV!! You should get a wall mount and move you 42" to your bathroom . . . With ESPN. Makes for a wonderful ambiance, and with acoustics, no need to move any Klipsch speakers in there . . . Well, maybe a couple of bookshelves (RB81s) hung on the wall, and then, just perhaps, one, and only one Klipsch 12" sub, well, and oh, just an RC62 center (an RC64 would be overkill (maybe not if it is cherry--reall wood looks nice in a bathroom), that would be about all you need, as long as the 42" tv is 3D, and you buy the new AVR that has multi zones so you do not have to have a separate amp; but speaking of amps, under the bathroom cabinet you could add a couple of mono blocks, and then . . . Be careful to save room for the magazine rack and toilet paper (well, the magazines may supplant a TP roll which would then become a redundancy taking up any unnecessary room. Oh, and just one more thing you could add . . . Seriously, congrats on the new big screen!

Got the TV and its all hooked up. The base that the TV sits on sure is flimsy! I would imagine that a lot of people who have this TV will wall mount it but it would be nice to have a stand that provides a little more confidence.

First thing I did after setting it up is toss in Star Wars III Blu-Ray. Unbelievable picture! After that I put in Kung Fu Panda and The Simpson's on Blu-Ray. Again, everything looked amazing. I snapped a pic of the TV in its box sitting in front of my Mitsubishi DLP. Tomorrow I'll get some pics of it set up.