my new SVS PB13-Ultra

Budman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the RSW-15 but the SVS PB13- Ultra is a whole new animal. It should put the 15 to shame, musically and especially for HT. Nice subwoofer and congratulations on your new addition. I can't wait for your initial thoughts..

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of picking up another svs pb 13 ultra. I am interested in the american cherry since I have the klipsch speakers in cherry. I would like to know how well the cerry sub and the klipsch cherry finish match? And if someone can post some quality pictures of the sub finish? Thanks, then I have to decide if I should sell my other svs pb13 ultra or keep it?

That picture is a little grainy and seems the lighting was not the best to really tell. the klipsch in the picture looks lighter than my speakers and the svs looks like its more red it that picture to me. So I was hoping for some other photos of it if I can.

That picture is pretty accurate actually. Darker light the series of cherry that we have looks similar to it but

You start getting some light on em, the klipsch starts to really lighten in shade and the ultra stays dark. But they are close enough, unless you have worse OCD than me, that it shouldn't bother you.

The RT-12d is a very musical sub IMO, and can hold it's own with HT. The PB13 Ultra will shake your foundation and when in music mode(plugged ports) it is also very musical.

I will let you guys experienced with SVS add to this.

Bill

How do you guys think the PB13-ultra would stack up against an RT-12d? They are both similarly priced, but the RT-12d aesthetics would obviously better match my RF-83s.

ok here goes my two cents. HMMM HMMMMM...well owning the rf-63's hooked up to an xpa-2, i like to listen to music in 2.0 when i turn it to 2.1 and include the svs ultra, it helps a little but i just dont think its that musical of a subwoofer. now i run it ported tuned to 15hz. i bought it for the one thing that exceeds in, which is home theater. so if you could rock your 83's with enough juice to make them shine, i would rather have the ultra. i have not heard the rt-12d but i am sure that the svs would trump that thing in the low end growl department. and who knows maybe be close to as musical as well if you ran it sealed.

Boom, my two cents![Y]