Ann Curry

Rick

He's moved in with Hugh Downs....

For some strange reason, the year my daughter graduated from the College of Santa Fe, Hugh Downs was the commencement speaker. One of the worst speakers I have ever heard. Rambling and incoherent would be putting it mildly.

Bruce

For some strange reason, the year my daughter graduated from the College of Santa Fe, Hugh Downs was the commencement speaker. One of the worst speakers I have ever heard. Rambling and incoherent would be putting it mildly.

Bruce

Are you referring to the College of Santa Fe in New Mexico....

Bruce

I think Clint Eastwood just took the cake....

I think Clint Eastwood just took the cake....

It evaporated whatever chance Romney had to beat Obama. The whole Eastwood thing was embarassing.

Given enough time, these guys eventually step (and slip) in it.

Oh, I don't think "Rough Riding" Rowdy Yates could sway the election. There are many elements of the media that would want folks to think so, however....

Bruce

Yup, that be the one. They went through some crazy administrations, and are now Santa Fe University of Art and Design.

http://learn.santafeuniversity.edu/

Bruce

Bruce

Yup, that be the one. They went through some crazy administrations, and are now Santa Fe University of Art and Design.

http://learn.santafeuniversity.edu/

Bruce

I thought so.... What a nice place to go to school.

I had never been west until going out for her graduation. Certainly different landscape than North Georgia! She went the first two years at the school where I work and finished at CSF. I would have loved to go there myself.

Bruce

• 2 months later...

Retribution has come! The executive producer who pushed Ann Curry out has been pushed out himself and replaced with someone else; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/today-shakeup-alexandra-wallace-jim-bell_n_2119899.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D233950.

Ann Curry

Other bad stuff flowed from her ejection: Matt Lauer lost popularity because some thought he had a part in it. Some big exec got too big for his britches.

I initially reacted well to the change to Savannah Guthrie, but no longer -- Savannah is very good for news/politics shows like her previous gig with Chuck Todd on MSNBC, but now I can see how her appeal falls short for the broader and less intense, more info-entertainment stuff on Today.

While I guess Ann hasn't reappeared on Today since she left, I've seen her on a few specialized segments on NBC news, and liked her style better than Savannah's.