My All Time, Number-One-with-a-bullet Audio Pet Peeve-O-Rama

thebes

They were a welcome surprise when I got back in town from vacation. Thanks! Both are in pretty decent shape and of course they are very groovy baby, yeah! You do know that no good deed goes unpunished, but I am waiting for the mess over your way to clear up.

The pic however is not one of them.

Simple fix for this condition you have. Order yourself a couple thousand braille labels with side a and side b. It may take a while to label everything but at least when finished you won't bust a blood vessel in your head. [A]

How's this for frustration.... Purchasing a new CD, bringing it home and attempting to remove the packaging; especially the final line of taping that prevents the case from being opened. What a headache....

DITTO

And not only that, its the sticky crap that's left behind on the jewel case too. Those "new format" flimsy cardboard covers for CD are a pain too. They often don't even fit in a CD rack. Some you can hardly even get the CD out without damaging it.

Or what's probably going to happen around here today or the next couple of days with the excessively hot weather. Get every thing ready, start the music playing and BOOMPF ~ out goes the power. Of course, not completely out, There always has to be a few strong on/off jolts before the power goes out completely.

But yah, whats with those almost non-removable clear tape strips on a brand new CD that's already wrapped!!

How's this for frustration.... Purchasing a new CD, bringing it home and attempting to remove the packaging; especially the final line of taping that prevents the case from being opened. What a headache....

DITTO

And not only that, its the sticky crap that's left behind on the jewel case too. Those "new format" flimsy cardboard covers for CD are a pain too. They often don't even fit in a CD rack. Some you can hardly even get the CD out without damaging it.

Or what's probably going to happen around here today or the next couple of days with the excessively hot weather. Get every thing ready, start the music playing and BOOMPF ~ out goes the power. Of course, not completely out, There always has to be a few strong on/off jolts before the power goes out completely.

But yah, whats with those almost non-removable clear tape strips on a brand new CD that's already wrapped!!

And let's add this.... Anytime you drop a cd case, one foot or 6 feet, it is freaking ruined. The plastic tabs break or there is a huge crack line down the middle of the case and the case never closes properly again. LOL...

I use one of these. Cost less than $2. Works perfectly every time>>>

CD and DVD Openers

http://www.amazon.com/And-DVD-Opener-Colors-Vary/dp/B000BSLQAO

http://kk.org/cooltools/archives/000139

21AVVCEK4ML._SL500_AA300_.jpgEZCD.web.jpg

Disallowed!!!!!!!!!!

No positive or helpful comments allowed. [:D] This particular thread is about peeves and whines.

Quite frankly I believe it was that security strip which finished off sales of cd's not mp3's.

Geez don't you hate it when people show up and start trying to do nice things? Why I could just spit....

Number one...with a bullet?

It's gotta be a system cranking out ALL midrange....NASTY midrange. [:@] Anemic bass, imaging and soundstage is clueless....and what is up with those highs? LOL [;)] Grab a mop cause I'm spittin' all over the place. [:o]

...at least beat me up with some bass! [:P]

Mea Culpa!

I can't stand the following:

- Any and all "Greatest Hits" albums/cd's

- Any and all "Best Of" albums/cd's

- Any and all "Compilation" albums/cd's

I mean the original LP/album had all of the songs in a "certain order" for a bloody reason!

Even if the reason was so that the songs fit on each side of the album and the album played for approximately the same length of time on both sides.

$&@!*%&^^+

Then along came 8-track tapes, cassette tapes, and cd's. All of a sudden the songs started getting all mixed up. When you first listen to an LP/album, you get accustomed to one song following another song in a particular order. The order was more or less "s-a-c-r-e-d"!!!

Then one day, the tapes and Greatest Hits and Best Of and Compilations started showing up.

The songs were all mixed up! They were no longer in ... THE PROPER . . . . . . and CORRECT . . . . . O-R-D-E-R !!!!!!!!!

Is nothing S-A-C-R-E-D?!?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?

Surely you know what I mean. How many times have you listened to a song playing on the radio . . . and knew PRECISELY . . . what song should come next????

And to make matters worse again, why oh why can't the radio stations follow a song with at least another song by the same bloody artist - or genre - or style - or decade - or country of origin? Does everything have to be so darn d-i-s-c-o-m-b-o-b-u-l-a-t-e-d??!???!?!?!??!?!?

Can I get a hallelujah?

Makes me want to spit - - - tacks!

Flipping through boxes or bins of records and grabbing the ones you want.

Only to find out the inner sleeves have been removed. Then you start looking at the ones you left behind and find they also are missing their inner sleeves.

What idiots would discard the inner sleeves leaving the vinyl records only protected by its outer jacket from the dust and dirt?

When I buy a antique vinyl record I always clean it and put it in a quality jacket, and then and every time after that it goes into the album sleeve with side one facing up, so I always know side one without needing to look.

Speaking of dust bunnies on your needle would that be a new MC by chanceBig Smile

Sorry Tim, but my cars have been breaking down at least once a week and swallowing all my new toy money.

Sounds like Dust Bunnies have been the least of your problems! I'm sure this extra warm weather has not been helping, maybe by cold weather time you can buy a new MC and enjoy warm tunes in the cold of winter[:D]

When I buy a antique vinyl record I always clean it and put it in a quality jacket, and then and every time after that it goes into the album sleeve with side one facing up, so I always know side one without needing to look.

This is so disallowed on so many levels I can hardly comprehend it.

First, there's no whining, Constructiveness in a rant is contra-indicated.. Second, vinyl is a cool, with it, contemporary expression of grooveness, not a "antique vinyl record" . Third, can people who can't even unwrap a cd be expected to re-sleeve their records in an orderly fashion?

Please sir, re-think your initial response and post a response that scratches that metaphorically audio itch that's so far under your skin you could just spit...

Speaking of dust bunnies on your needle would that be a new MC by chanceBig Smile

Sorry Tim, but my cars have been breaking down at least once a week and swallowing all my new toy money.

Sounds like Dust Bunnies have been the least of your problems! I'm sure this extra warm weather has not been helping, maybe by cold weather time you can buy a new MC and enjoy warm tunes in the cold of winterBig Smile

A car and a van and between them over 400,000 miles. Wonder why they keep breaking?

Flipping through boxes or bins of records and grabbing the ones you want.

Only to find out the inner sleeves have been removed.

....or doing the same, only to have the record leap out and crash land on the floor. [:@] Of course, if the outer cover wasn't patched up 100 times with various types of audiophile-grade masking tape, I might have figured out which end was the opening in advance. [:$]

It seems that fella named Murphy has got our back, every time.