New Toy: NAD T175HD Preamp/Processor

willland

I recently picked up a "minty" used NAD T175HD pre/pro. This is the pre/pro that I have been waiting for to come up for sale at a price I can afford. This is the pre/pro that I have recenty spoke about that could "de-throne" my excellent performing (non HDMI) NAD T773 receiver. I, as well as many here, have a love-hate relationship with Audiogon and Ebay. For me, right now it is love.[ ;)] With an msrp of $3000.00(2011), I never imagined I was ever really going to get to own one of these. Don't you just love the used market?[:D]

My T773 receiver has excellent sound quality and has performed flawlessly, as a receiver and as a pre/pro. I am not putting it out to pasture, just moving it to my guest bedroom. This new(to me) T175HD definitely has that sweet NAD "house" sound that the T773 exibits but with more modern top shelf DAC's, DSP's, HDMI, and of course Audyssey MultHQ XT and MultHQ Pro. Even though it sounds fantastic right out of the gate, I am anxiously waiting to set up the auto EQ and better enhance the listening experience. I will report back once that is complete.

$(KGrHqJ,!rgE-dIYuygzBP1QOs2!MQ~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqVHJB0E63(JZt3rBP1QO6tsE!~~60_12.J

$(KGrHqNHJC0E-P7m8qEBBP1QQBlWs!~~60_12.J

Installed VM200 and AM200 HD modules.

$(KGrHqJHJCIE-pUw2Uf8BP1QPJwE6Q~~60_12.J

Bill

Edited by willland

Love the modular application design. Yes That's a great way to "Future Proof"!

Onkyo/Integra and some other mfr's tried it a few years ago and failed miserably due to lack of mfr's support. NAD so far is supporting the modular concept by releasing newer modules as technology changes. The only module at this point for me to "upgrade" to is the VM150 3D HD which adds 3D, audio return channel, another HDMI output, CEC, and video pass thru but takes away HD upscaling. None of those features I really want or need at this time. I am good to go for now.

Congratz!

Thanks alot I am really liking this thing.

Bill

I had feeling you were selling off a few things to make room for a new toy.

Where did you get an idea like that?[;)]

As Michael(Youthman) has pointed out to me, I do it all backwards. I should sell first and then buy.[:|] Did I mention I have a "minty" Acurus A200FIVE 5-channel amp for sale?[:P]

Congratulations Bill.

Thanks Bro,

Bill